“The Mayfly Kesh 24th April 2014”
Review of Mayfly Inn

Mayfly Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Kesh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
“The Mayfly Kesh 24th April 2014”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was looking for a good place to eat in Kesh during a few days away at Easter in the Enniskillen area. I read good reviews for The Mayfly Inn in Kesh so we decided to try there. We went in coming into the bar area immediately you come through the door. We were greeted by a Snooker/Pool table just inside the door which was a surprise LOL. We made our way to the restaurant at the back which was quite dimly lit. I noticed a sign on the way in for Thursday Steak night 2x Steaks plus trimming £20. I ordered a pint of Guinness with our steaks. Firstly the Guinness was lovely, perfectly drawn and just the right temperature. Secondly when the steaks arrived I was very pleasantly surprised by size as I thought for the price they would be on the small side but no, perfect size. The food was lovely and so much we couldn't finish it. As for the service the barman/waiter was great, polite, hospitable and seen to our every need.

A very traditional country pub with excellent food and service and will make it a regular stop any time I'm in the area

• Visited April 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Just back from having a Mother's Day lunch at the Mayfly Inn. It was really lovely food was great and the staff were so friendly and the price was very reasonably. Just a lovely finishing touch was they gave all the ladies a pot plant which I thought just made it and very thoughtful. I certainly will be back and would recommend it to anybody who would be in Kesh. Thank you for a lovely meal.

2 Thank Margaret L
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Faboulous Food”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Absolutely great food.Staff was very friendly and helpful.Will certainly be going back.Great portion sizes and reasonably priced

2 Thank John G
Moira, United Kingdom
“Good food and plenty of it”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Dropped into the restaurant on a wet and windy Saturday afternoon. It was great to be greeted by the big log burning stove in the corner. The menu is pretty standard fare so plenty to choose from and it was reasonably priced. The staff were very attentive and friendly and the food came promptly. No shortage, certainly good portions and of good quality. It's certainly not a bad option if you are in the area.

1 Thank DeeFromMoira
Killarney
“Great food and service”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

The Mayfly Bar is a normal friendly bar at the front where we had a comfortable evening. The back lounge (I suppose you would call it) serves very good food. The service was friendly and efficient. I had an excellent steak which came with all the trimmings including garlic potatoes. The room doubles as a function room and music venue so seems cavernous when only a small number were eating but it is comfortable and despite the weather being foul outside the place was warm. They were getting ready for a gig later but did not disturb us in the least.

• Visited November 2013