“Very relaxing and enjoyable-good value groupon”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kesh
The Lough Erne Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kesh
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed in July, returned in August...small country hotel by the river, pleasant staff, food plentiful and tasty. Good place for visiting around Lough Erne. Rooms vary in size and are very comfortable...room 5 is modern and very nice...room 7 has a four poster and bath etc. A very relaxing quiet hotel in a lovely village by the river...will go back again for sure.

Room Tip: rooms vary in size.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Lough Erne Hotel

Reviewed August 9, 2013

After booking this hotel through groupon as a wee surprise for my partner, I decided to check out the reviews about it online "the day before my partner and i headed down to it "( wrong way about,I know ) ,and after reading the reports that some people had put up about it, I have to say that I thought I had booked " THE HOTEL FROM HELL"... Dirty rooms, Terrible food, unpleasant staff, the list went on & on. We left LONDONDERRY/DERRY, lol Hugh, on Wednesday 7th August and started our journey to Kesh. From I left home till I arrived there, I was dreading what lay ahead of us for the next two nights. I''ll cut the long story short from here on in. On arrival, we were met at the front desk by Tanya. They say first impressions last and I knew within two minutes we were dealing with a very pleasant and professional lady. She took our details and showed us up to our room. On entering our bedroom I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The room was bright, fresh and Clean. Our food, the steak dinners and the two mornings breakfasts were cooked to our liking,. "THE OUTCOME OF OUR STAY IN THE "LOUGH ERNE HOTEL, KESH".... we really had a great time, the staff , the food , the surroundings and the hotel itself ,I have to say was a pleasure and I would NOT hesitate to go back again (which we shall be doing). A big Thank you to all the staff of this hotel especially Tanya, Hugh, Linda & Julie, we had a great couple of nights and will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 2 and had no issue with it at all, nice room looking on to main street and over the r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank steven h
Reviewed August 8, 2013

went there for breakfast, it was okay nothing fancy. but the taste was breathtaking espeically how it was cooked. it may not look good on a plate but it is brilliant on the taste buds.

the toilets smell of bleach and cleaner, this was good, would eat again

Room Tip: didnt sleep there
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank luv2travel495
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Two nights in Kesh...only one meal at The Lough Erne Hotel. Worst meal we had in our eight nights spent exploring in Ireland +Northern Ireland. In relation to size, quality of food and presentation as well as value for the cost of our meals...it failed in all areas.It may be a great place to stay,however on our experience,there are better eating options available in Kesh.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mbear13
Reviewed July 28, 2013

As mentioned on lots of these reviews, this hotel is awful. I wish we done our research before booking this hotel.

Cleanliness is the worst I have ever seen in a hotel. We had a young baby with us and had to check out a day early as we couldn't keep our child there.

Food was average. Although, we asked for two medium cooked steaks and got two burnt steaks. Also heard other tables complain about their food.

Decided to cut our losses and head home to our clean house and comfortable bed rather than stick the hotel for another night.

one positive that i must say is that the staff that we met were all very pleasant (we didnt meet the owner).

Just one piece if advice to avoid disappointment, don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Yellow1984
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Unfortunately, I have to agree with most of the previous reviews. Went with an open mind, but too many things unsatisfactory to list.
Perhaps if the owners went on some hotel management training, things may improve?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sanlowsmyth
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I called into the hotel for lunch. The front of the hotel had apparently had a recent facelift and was attractive - if only this continued past the front door. Inside, the place is grubby and badly in need of redecoration. We went out to the river terrace which could be a lovely place but we found tables which needed cleaned and cleared of previous diners plates - judging by the amount of food left it wasn't particularly appetising. Bird crap on the table didn't help. Nobody came to take an order so we went into the bar to order a drink - we had already decided not to eat. We were eventually served by a surly man who gave my wife a 1/4 bottle of wine but no glass. Won't be back.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bailie50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kesh
Lough Erne Resort
The Enniskillen Hotel
The Enniskillen Hotel
#6 of 7 in Enniskillen
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa

Been to The Lough Erne Hotel? Share your experiences!