“Lovely lunch but a very disappointing tea.”

The Island Restaurant at Lusty Beg Island
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Boa Island
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2017

Spent the day at a team building event for company i work for. Super day out .Lunch was very good . After the event was over we decided to stay on as it was a beautiful evening in a fab setting.3 of us ordered rib eye steak and what a disappointment the meal was, firstly it was a very small steak ,but it was cooked medium as I had asked. It was served with 3 long green beans on top of steak and a very watery pepper sauce and a very small portion of chips served in a small basket. The food was average and the price was £19 which was just to expensive for what we got.Definately would not recommend the steak on the menu.However I would recommend the team building days on Lusty Beg.

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a family wedding Friday to Monday bride and groom did not get married on on the island so quite a bit of "toin and froin" on wedding day but all ok with Ferry crossings etc stayed in the courtyard room was well equipped and very comfortable beds clean towels each day very idyllic and bridal parties stayed in cabins nearby groom had a large number of family and friends staying who had travelled from America we had a private bbq on our first night in the thatch pub which was amazing and a big thankyou to Chris who didn't mind us putting up bunting balloons and banners etc while he was trying to set up for food service which was excellent the wedding venue was amazing with excellent food and service and also a big thank you to Aileen on serving the canapes as we were the first guests to arrive from the church and slightly hungry and also in the restaurant sunday night breakfast was lovely and very well set out and the bar is so cosy the staff are all very pleasent and helpful even though all areas were really busy each day and night nothing was too much trouble and all in all this is a beautiful place to stay and would recommend it to any bridal group or just for a nice relaxing break.

Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

stayed at lustybeg last weekend sunday to tuesday, ate in the restaurant both nights food was lovely the soup starter was gorgeous, had the fish and chips on the first night and they were amazing wasnt expecting it to be so nice.. had the burger the second night and again it was gorgeous, chips could of been nicer though. cocktails were lovely and the bar manager i think his name was Ian was brilliant made us cocktails not on the cocktail list when we asked about other ones staff were friendly and if i was back in the area id definitely fo there for a meal

Reviewed March 17, 2017

The menu covered most choices but is not vast, the two meals we had, the food was good, especially the chowder and vegetable soup, lovely. I thought the place lacked atmosphere, a bit too canteen like, formica table , no table clothes, paper servettes, maybe I am getting a bit picky in my old age!! Service was very slow and used a lot of youths, who did what I thought was the minimum to get by. They would lift empty plates from the table beside you, but not see yours needed lifted as well. You had to call them over for everything, they were not attentive. There was one older waiter who was very good. Bill for two starters, two mains, pre drinks and bottle of wine was £60, so pretty good value.

2  Thank PJKNorthernIreland
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Lovely staff but I can definitely confirm that the food served in this restaraunt spoiled my entire lusty beg experience over the 12-13th of March 2017, on the first night we were told to book as it can get busy, so we did. We arrived to a less than half full room and we're greeted by a lovely waitress, she took our starter orders and we waited over 30 minutes for those, they were nothing special but we were starving so we were glad to see them arriving, we then waited over 50 minutes for our main, the lovely waitress noticed this without us having to ask and apologied and offered us a free drink as way of apology, when the main came it can only be compared to a curry you might get from a £1 ready meal with greasy greasy popadoms, I wound up eating only the chips and some of the chicken, we also wound up with an ice cold slimey burger. Obviously at this stage it was 9:40 and we didn't want to risk waiting another hour for dessert so we cut our losses and went back to our room a bit raging that we had spent over 30 quid on this disappointment but not wanting to complain any further as the waiting staff were very nice and apologetic . Breakfast the next day was cold and greasy and we arrived at 8.30am.... so it should have been warm. We opted against having lunch there but that evening we decided to give the bar another chance, i ordered a burger club sandwich, as I bit in to it greasy water oozed out of the burger which cost over a tenner, for a watery burger with a few slices of bread. I wound up removing the burger patties and again just eating the chips and the sides we had ordered with one of the slices of bread. After dinner I ordered an Americano and asked for a jug of milk, at the time I was chatting to my fiancé and poured the milk in and drank it without looking, when I tasted it, it compeletely turned me, I looked down and the coffee was full of ROTTEN lumps of sour milk..:: milk that had been so old that it was lumpy..... what a let down his place is..:: and with no other shops or restaraunts on the island they think they can just serve whatever complete rubbish they like as people have no other choice, I am devastated that I spent over £70 on the two of us in that restaraunt over two days. The lumpy coffee was removed off my bill, and the guy behind The bar was lovely and very apologetic, I would never usually write a bad review, but my experience was dire. I'm actually wondering if there is even a real chef in the kitchen. For an area of such outstanding beauty you expect the only food establishment to have exceptional food, Im now glad to be home, I have never in my life been glad to come home from a relaxing weekend away.

6  Thank grilledcheeses