“food and cocktails”

Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Boa Island
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

stayed at lustybeg last weekend sunday to tuesday, ate in the restaurant both nights food was lovely the soup starter was gorgeous, had the fish and chips on the first night and they were amazing wasnt expecting it to be so nice.. had the burger the second night and again it was gorgeous, chips could of been nicer though. cocktails were lovely and the bar manager i think his name was Ian was brilliant made us cocktails not on the cocktail list when we asked about other ones staff were friendly and if i was back in the area id definitely fo there for a meal

Reviewed March 17, 2017

The menu covered most choices but is not vast, the two meals we had, the food was good, especially the chowder and vegetable soup, lovely. I thought the place lacked atmosphere, a bit too canteen like, formica table , no table clothes, paper servettes, maybe I am getting a bit picky in my old age!! Service was very slow and used a lot of youths, who did what I thought was the minimum to get by. They would lift empty plates from the table beside you, but not see yours needed lifted as well. You had to call them over for everything, they were not attentive. There was one older waiter who was very good. Bill for two starters, two mains, pre drinks and bottle of wine was £60, so pretty good value.

2  Thank PJKNorthernIreland
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Lovely staff but I can definitely confirm that the food served in this restaraunt spoiled my entire lusty beg experience over the 12-13th of March 2017, on the first night we were told to book as it can get busy, so we did. We arrived to a less than half full room and we're greeted by a lovely waitress, she took our starter orders and we waited over 30 minutes for those, they were nothing special but we were starving so we were glad to see them arriving, we then waited over 50 minutes for our main, the lovely waitress noticed this without us having to ask and apologied and offered us a free drink as way of apology, when the main came it can only be compared to a curry you might get from a £1 ready meal with greasy greasy popadoms, I wound up eating only the chips and some of the chicken, we also wound up with an ice cold slimey burger. Obviously at this stage it was 9:40 and we didn't want to risk waiting another hour for dessert so we cut our losses and went back to our room a bit raging that we had spent over 30 quid on this disappointment but not wanting to complain any further as the waiting staff were very nice and apologetic . Breakfast the next day was cold and greasy and we arrived at 8.30am.... so it should have been warm. We opted against having lunch there but that evening we decided to give the bar another chance, i ordered a burger club sandwich, as I bit in to it greasy water oozed out of the burger which cost over a tenner, for a watery burger with a few slices of bread. I wound up removing the burger patties and again just eating the chips and the sides we had ordered with one of the slices of bread. After dinner I ordered an Americano and asked for a jug of milk, at the time I was chatting to my fiancé and poured the milk in and drank it without looking, when I tasted it, it compeletely turned me, I looked down and the coffee was full of ROTTEN lumps of sour milk..:: milk that had been so old that it was lumpy..... what a let down his place is..:: and with no other shops or restaraunts on the island they think they can just serve whatever complete rubbish they like as people have no other choice, I am devastated that I spent over £70 on the two of us in that restaraunt over two days. The lumpy coffee was removed off my bill, and the guy behind The bar was lovely and very apologetic, I would never usually write a bad review, but my experience was dire. I'm actually wondering if there is even a real chef in the kitchen. For an area of such outstanding beauty you expect the only food establishment to have exceptional food, Im now glad to be home, I have never in my life been glad to come home from a relaxing weekend away.

6  Thank grilledcheeses
Reviewed March 12, 2017

i would not recommend lusty beg, I ordered lasagne with chips when it arrived it was just sheets of lasagne with no meat in it. It took 15mins before someone took our order at the bar.

3  Thank lyndseybaxter2016
Reviewed March 5, 2017

Ate in the Island Restaurant the whole time we stayed at Lusty Beg Island.
Breakfast was easily the highlight!! Fresh food and absolutely delicious. Service great as it was throughout our whole stay! Hard to fault the Island Restaurant.