All reviewsnice hotelcar parkfree shuttleskislopes
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed there during a motorcylce trip, Oulx it is an excellent location for that. The room was nice and perfectly clean, service was friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was not overwhelming.

It was hot in town (and in the room) while I stayed there, and sleeping with open windows I experienced a lot of road noise (cobblestones).

Otherwise: Good value for money.

Room Tip: In summer you should ask for a room facing to the backyard.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights as a base for the Etape du Tour cycle race. Hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff were great, nothing seemed too much trouble. They even laid on a breakfast at 4am for those of us doing the cycle race. Area is beautiful and we had a very relaxing time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I stayed here for a ski vacation and it worked out very well. The staff was kind and helpful, the breakfast complete (meats, cheeses, yogurts, pastries, etc). Dinner was just okay, I would recommend going to one of the other towns for a more interesting meal. The hotel provided a bus to the slopes which was nice.
Not sure about how well they speak English as I was practicing speaking my Italian.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We spent in Oberje Dla Viere Hotel one-week-skiing holiday, organised by travel agency. Rooms are quite nice, but in a few of them there were problems with water appearing on walls. For breakfast one sort of cheese and cold meat and a lot of croissants and cakes, tea, coffee, water. Dinners not bad, but not impressive - you can't choose the main dish.
It's located about 1 km from the centre on the way to Sauze d'Oulx (where are skilifts) - about 5 km. Cannot say anything about access there, beacause we had shuttle organised by travel agency.
Staff with no English.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2010

The receptionist said he would show me to my room, which is precisely all he did - it was too much effort for him to put on the light so I could see where I was going, and when I observed that it would have been nice if he'd offered to help me with my luggage, he replied "that is only allowed in 4* hotels"!!
The room was comfortable and clean, even if the light switches were in rather inccessible places. It seemed to have been designed as a single and then furnished as a double. The bathroom was fine except for an absence of anywhere to put anything -only the floor was available. Unfortunately the person in the room next to mine spent about 30 minutes on the phone in the small hours of the night - I could hear practically every word.
Dinner started with a very salty frittata, moved onto bullet hard gnocchi, only made edible by a nice gorgonzola and pistachio sauce. The piece de resistance was beef cooked in a Piedmontese style - which in this hotel translated as cold and too tough to cut or eat - despite being "warmed up" in the kiitchen.
Breakfast was served by the chef, with charm - perhaps this was his real job as he clearly wasn't up to real cooking! He managed to produce scrambled eggs - cold and rubbery.
Altogether an extraordinarily bad gastronomic experience for Italy, where good food is usually a given.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo