“Menu della Tradizione was a good value!”

Osteria Rossobarolo
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Barolo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Menu della Tradizione was a good value!

Convenient location. Friendly staff.

I washed everything down with a bottle of Paolo Scavino Bric del Fiasc 2000, what a treat!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant has a nice atmosphere and great food, plus one of the best wines in the world is growing right outside! The veal with tuna sauce was delicious and the risotto Barollo was perfect. The staff were friendly and helpful. This is a must see village if you are in the area. There are several restaurants in the town, but this one was busy and turned out to be a perfect choice.

1  Thank BERFB
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Compared to some of the other restaurants in Barolo, this one didn't quite match up. It was good but La Cantinetta and La Cantinetta were both better in my opinion.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have been there two weeks ago. I believe that if they small you are a tourist, thus one time customer, start troubles. My wife is pregnant and they served us two hours after the order, when we were asking for explanation the waitress was extremely arrogant, sense was like "it is as it is".
Moreover we required two glass of Barolo cannubi 2008,, while they mentioned to have served Barolo reserved (more expensive) and charged it on the bill.
Bill was incredible expensive 153 €, and when I asked to correct the wine charged (it was just few euros but I did not like to way they did) they were again really arrogant.
I would suggest really to avoid this place.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited Rosso Barolo on a Sunday in early November and were extremely happy we did. We started with a pumpkin fondue which was full of fall favors and had the roasted beef in barolo as the main. The meat crumbled it was so tender! We finished with a chocolate tort cake with cechi and wow, what a finish.

1  Thank thiel045