“Home away from home”

Horizons at Peregian
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Stayed for two nights in the first week of Janurary 2009. We were greeted warmly by the Propreiter and taken to our apartment. We stayed in Unit 9 - a fantastic apartment with two blaconies, one facing the beach and the other the national park.The beach is a stroll accross the road through a perfectly nice park. Apartments are clean, roomy and well furnished. The kitchens come fully equipped with everything you might need to be entirely self sufficient. Peregian Beach village is a very short drive and has a good selection of restaurants cafes and bars. The pool and spa at the rear of the property is clean and big enough for a relaxing dip. Barbeque facilities are also on hand around the pool or in your unit. The management team made us feel really welcome and armed with some local knowledge we were able to make the most of our time at Horizons. Thoroughly enjoyable stay and we will be back for a longer stay this year.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Horizons at Peregian

Reviewed January 21, 2009

Purchased this 4 night stay via EBay - management were extremely friendly and thoughoughly enjoyed my massage and
the bottle of wine as part of the package. Unit a little tired and a couple of things wrong but very spacious and well appointed. Would love to go back again this year.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed January 17, 2009

We booked this place off wotif.com, but were disappointed to find that the advertisement was a bit misleading. It was advertised as a 2 bedroom air-conditioned unit....the bedrooms had air-con, but not the living area, where we spent most of our time. This may not apply to all units in the complex and if we were to stay there again we would check first.
Apart from that, it was a great location, beach is across the road, 2 mins walk if that, apartment was clean and nicely furnished, close to shops (walk or drive). Quiet location.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2009

I was amazed by how much we got for how little we spent. We booked a holiday with virgin air (came with flight and hotel stay) for about 350au each.

When checking in the owner was asking if we had plans for the days we were there and started to give us ideas on things we could do. Also told us how to get to the local market to pick up food and did offer to drive if we needed it. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. He also let us know about other guests that were staying there too. Since he knew we were from Canada he was talking about his other guests that checked in that were from Montreal. It was nice to know that this was a more friendly place to be then a stuffy hotel.

After checking in the owner took us up to our room I was delighted. I told him how impressed I was because I thought it was just going to be somewhere to stay for the night while I was out during the day. It felt like a friend was letting us stay in their apartment while they were gone because of how fully stocked it was. There was every cooking supply you would ever need to make a meal, plus there was a tv, dvd with some movies and a sound system. The rooms were clean, bright and big, everything was in amazing shape. I posted the pics I took of the room and views from both the front and back patio. The beach was right across the street, I could heard the waves crashing onto the beach from the front patio. I would stay there again if I was going back up to Noosa. I've also been telling all my friends about how nice it was incase they ever go.

I did read the other review and yes there is a pool. Its in the back of the apartment building, I didn't go in it but we did take a look at it

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2009

We have stayed at Horizons several times and I have also had a business stay at the venue. Rod and his team are friendly, helpful and have a sense of humour.
The location is perfect - queit when you need to get away from it all. The beach just across the road and shops and coffee shops a few minutes walk to Peregian or a quick drive to Coolum for dinner.
The ambience and location is perfect.
Thank you Rod.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed January 12, 2009

I must say we were looking forward to a much deserved weekend away and found the location of Peregian (street address) opposite a scruffy park less than what we had hoped for. The accommodation came with a barbie, which was so filthy dirty it couldn't be used - the maid took it away for cleaning and by the time we left, we still hadn't received it back.
The general cleanliness left much to be desired - under the beds etc. hadn't been cleaned for a long while.
A big price to pay for a disappointing property.
The best thing was that I was permitted to take my dog!!
Elaine de Wet

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank e_jajwet
NoosaSal, Manager at Horizons at Peregian, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2009

These guests complained about a BBQ that the cleaner had missed cleaning.. it was a hectic peak season. We imediately provided a replacement and the cleaner took the other BBQ plate away for cleaning. The guests said that as it was raining not to bother bringing the plate back next day. The park opposite was messy due to high winds which scattered leaves everwhere. There is a swimming pool in the main building for the use of all guests.

Reviewed January 8, 2009

I have been to Horizons 3 years running now for an annual event. The accommodation is extremely comfortable and being a Sunshine Coast local it is like a home away from home. The location right on the beach has an excellent feel about it and what can I say about Rod. He is the nicest guy you would ever want to meet and will go out off his way to make your stay a memorable one. I very much look forward to my stay there later this year.

Denise

RACV Noosa Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa
Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas

Been to Horizons at Peregian? Share your experiences!