“Nicely Laid Back”

Peregian Beach Surf Lifesavers Club
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went here on the last night in Peregian Beach which was a Monday night and had a great meal which was great value. Only a few tables of guests so also had great non rushed service. Menu is limited on a Monday night so I had the Parmigana and my wife had the fish n chips and both meals were as good as any club or Pub we've been too. Drinks very reasonably cheap and there are a few poker machines if you want to put some coins in after dinner. All in all a very relaxed evening in a great spot, and this place would be perfect for a lazy lunch sitting outside on the deck.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am a regular visitor to surf clubs up and down the coast and can comfortably say the Peregian Beach Surf us the worst I have ever been to. The food was inedible mush and nobody at the table ate. When we complained they said the chef said it was good and they wouldn't do anything about it eg refund or cook it again. The service was worse than the 50 minute wait for disgusting food. We were all bitterly disappointed by this experience.

1  Thank Lanwilt
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited yesterday after a long time away from the surfie and were very impressed. The $15 Monday lunch special was generous and perhaps a little too cheap, we felt guilty! The manager went out of his way to set up toys for my son and we really enjoyed out basic but generous antipasto plate. Generous servings, basic meals but very good value. If you have previously written off the surf club as we had, I encourage you to give it another go. Deserves to be much busier and we were so pleased with the outstanding service. We will come again for dinner soon = the kids play area makes this venue all the more appealing for young families.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visited our local surf club for a meal with friends and were very pleasantly surprised - Monday special night - great value $15 meal includes a glass of wine and at least five choices of meals on the blackboard. The seven of us all chose the fishermans catch and everyone agreed it was very good. Unfortunately it was very quiet with not many patrons which is a shame as the new chefs are trying very hard to offer good value meals and have lots of great ideas for future events. The staff were very friendly and were keen to ask our opinion of the meal. We wish them well and hope the word gets out. We definitely intend to return and look forward to the next meal!

1  Thank gregandlyn
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to dinner at the peregian beach surf club last night and was very disappointed. Had been there for dinner in December and food was good, with a good selection on the menu. However, I looked through the menu this time and thought there was a page missing. Mostly just deep fried food all served with deep fried chips. If I wanted burgers and fish and chips for dinner I would have gone to the local fish and chip shop and eaten at home. Also, a bad smell coming from possible unclean carpets made for a less than pleasant evening. Won't be back.

2  Thank mp P