“Not bad, but not great..”

Peregian Beach Hotel
Cuisines: Fusion, Bar, Pub, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Not bad, but not great..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Nice seating, atmosphere, friendly staff. Dined on a Saturday lunchtime, the place was almost empty. There was a limited lunch menu, I did notice they ran some good special/deals during the week.
Hubby ordered chicken parma ($22) with salad and chips. I order rump, salad and chips ($18) and a garlic bread. The parma was good, my rump with I ordered medium rare was overcooked - well done. The waiter came and asked how the food was and I showed him my steak and he agreed that is very overcooked and did I want a replacement steak? I said no because we were limited with time and it was edible (often over cooked meat is chewy/dry!) and I couldn't spare the time to replace it. We saw him tell the chef, however we weren't offered anything like a complimentary drink, etc to encourage us to return.. Not really good enough consider the place was almost empty.
There were heaps of bugs around of assorted species, so we were swatting our hands around whilst eating. We are local, they weren't sand flies but something to do with the tropical plantings perhaps.

• Visited June 2014

Scottsdale, Arizona
“GIVE PBH A TRY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

This pub has improved enormously. The food is excellent and reasonably priced with daily specials. The staff are some of the nicest people we met in Australia (and that is saying a lot!) and,as is often the case,make a major difference to the meal.

I know that some earlier reviews were not complimentary but they are really trying hard so give them another go!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Stephen B
“A pub meal can be good for a change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

It has been a while since we have been to the PBH and the experience was good. The menu choices are what you might expect but the value is there and of course the drinks are at pub prices. There is always the specials to consider. A lunch menu is often advertised for $10.00.
There is outside seating as well as in the restaurant area or at the bar if you prefer. Probably the best point to make is the hotel is small so attention from the staff is prompt and courteous. There is plenty of parking (which can be an issue in Peregian) and gaming if your into that!.
If your heading to Peregian give the pub a go.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank theredman01
Brisbane, Australia
“New management or something - seems like this place is happening again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We have been coming up from brisbane for years, always enjoyed the feel of Peregian. The Peregian Beach Hotel was always solid but over the last few years it felt tired and boring. Finally! Something is being done, new paint, new furniture, new food, happy staff, decent beer (Love the craft beer selection) - it seems like the place I always wanted it to be. I'll be back every time I'm up. One thing - replace those aluminum outdoor chairs - time to move on!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank traveltoall
“Raw schnitzels”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I ventured to this venue with a close friend for business talk and heard the food was great. We ordered the chicken parmy and the edges were cooked into about a cm then the rest was raw. The manager of the day was very lovely and offered new meals and I happily chose the steak sanga, my friend chose the garlic prawns. Much nicer. However, if you would consider hiring better bar staff that can actually pour a beer without no head at all that would be a bonus. Worst beer I have ever had due to lack of technique. Also, from a hospitality supervisor to another.... you should also Hire staff that actually work, not just stand around. And SMILE! You're representing a company don't look so dreary! We won't be retur returning.