“Excellent food, so why not 5 star?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pitchfork

Pitchfork
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.google.com.au/maps/place?cid=12885269224620341670&q=pitchfork+peregian+beach&fb=1&gl=au&hq=pitchfork&hnear=Peregian+Beach+QLD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, so why not 5 star?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The food here is excellent, we were given the tip from some old neighbors who are new locals. We had a family group of 5 and we all walked away having enjoyed a fine meal.
We shared some prawn dumplings for entree and the chef were happy enough to separate the chilli sauce to avoid any problem for one of us who had chilli issues! And with my main they were also happy to make my fried egg harder than the recipe and the chef's vision clearly called for. So we could not fault the helpful wait staff. We had no waiting. I had the rhubarb jelly and baklava desert - a clear winner for me and an all time fave combination. The Turkish delight icecream didn't quite hit the marks though.
So why is this 4 star for us, not 5? if we could give it 4.5 it would be fairer. For the food and value I think it is 5. Across 5 happy diners we have to work hard to find dissappointment.
At Perugian Beach we expect casual dining environment, but as a prior reviewer stated, sitting on the concrete outside a medical centre and grog shop is not the ideal location. Even the cafe across the small village green provided a better ambience.
But the real answer is, we would be happy to go again, and to recommend it to you.

Echuca
“Loved the menu, less love for the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Firstly let me say, this is a review I'd happily 'unwrite' because I have a feeling it was just 'one of those days'. This place gets very very good reviews from people here and from locals which is why I was really keen to try it out. The menu is mouth-wateringly descriptive, the place is very professionally run and the service is excellent. The only problem was that the food just wasn't 'special'. My wife had the whitebait and some dumplings which were fine but no more than that. I had the crispy skin salmon which started off excellent until I discovered that it was being overwhelmed by some sweet jus or sauce that had been poured over it and the bed of noodles and salad. I have no idea why you would add something sweet to a salmon which was beautifully cooked but after awhile the sweetness was all I could taste.
I'm not put off by this first experience and would love to find time go give it a second go.

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Superb! Been many times and will continue to do so!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This place is fantastic! One of the best restaurants on the Sunshine Coast. I live locally and have been multiple times. Good value pricing for the quality delivered! Food is outstandingly good. Service is great. Best restaurant in Peregian IMO. Always busy due to this. Book well ahead to be guaranteed a table!

Buderim, Australia
“Great food. Service needs improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have lived on the coast for 8 years, and only heard of this restaurant last week. Someone made a recommendation, so I thought I would go to celebrate my birthday. I booked a table for 7.30 ( a little late for the coast, as have we have no day light savings, I usually go for an earlier time!) Upon arriving at the restaurant I was met with a staff member who said " your table is outside" and pointed. No escort to the table. So headed in the direction of the "point" and found the only table left in the place. Sat waiting for our fellow diners. As it was BYO we took our own wine. However we had a non drinker with us, we needed to order a diet coke. Nearly 15 mins went by and no one came to see if we needed drinks. A girl did bring us water, but that was the extent of her job all night as well as clearing tables. When our other friends arrived, we went to a staff member to ask if we could order a drink. Now, when he came to the table he wanted to take our order also, but we required a few more minutes. He went off and took orders form two other tables. He never came back to us. There was only two guys working the floor. As it was nearly an hour after we arrived, most of the other diners were nearly finished their meals. So really the night should have been easier. Our starters arrived, minus one. So we had to ask for it. The food I have to say was very good. The seating was mainly outside, as the restaurant is very small. Only the size of a cafe. So if you don't mind sitting outside looking at a bottle shop and medical centre. It was too noisy, as everyone had to shout to talk to each other. I was so glad the meals were good, as the experience otherwise was pretty ordinary. For the standard of the food it should be situated in a proper shop. So disappointed as I hoped this was going to become my favourite restaurant on the coast.

• Visited September 2012
Maroochydore, Queensland, Australia
“Potentially best restaurant on the coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Everything on the menu is superb. Have never had a bad experience. Superior to similar menus. ? Best restaurant I have eaten at on the Sunshine Coast?