See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2016

we spend 5 wonderful days here over Easter. The welcome was very friendly and personal and the service was excellent over the days we spent there. The rooms, food, breakfast and over all the Grappa was all great and very delicous, not to mention the good value for money - but of course not in terms of cheap ;-)

To take the destillery tour we took a small hike there had been offered a shuttle back to the hotel.

As you can see, we can not confirm some of the other and partially negative comments from other users.

Would I do it again? YES!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Stefan J
Reviewed November 10, 2015

we spent only one night in this cute and peaceful little relais, nice spacious rooms, nice amenities such as bathrobes & slipppers, very good bed and linens as well beautiful surroundings. If I have a critique is the food served in the restaurant, that night was only our group having dinner and while it was somewhat nicely presented although a bit pretentious, lacking finesse and definition, it was not nice at all. True flavors were missing, inedible decorations on the plate and a mismatch of Italian and I'm not sure what... bit sad actually

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2014

The property is lovely, but unfortunately the hotel staff was not very friendly. We arrived around 645 in the evening after a long drive, and were initially frustrated as we could not pull our car up to the reception as the access was blocked. We had to walk down the hill and down a flight of stairs to get to reception. There was no greeting, just "please give us your passports". I passed my passport over to the receptionist and my husband walked down the hall to use the bathroom. The attendant asked, "Are you single?" I asked him to clarify and he said " Are you staying by yourself?" I replied, "No, my husband is right here, he just stepped away for a minute". The attendant replied, "Well, I don't have his passport." (And he never asked for it again). The attendant was anxious to leave, so he wAnted to make sure we could use the key card to get back in. It took a couple of tries until he finally explained that you have to push the door while the buzzer is still sounding.... Not complicated, but would have been nice to have this explained. The room was nice, the bathroom in the room was beautiful, but there were potatoe bugs and grasshoppers with us the whole night! Regarding the internet - we got one code that supposedly good for 24 hours, in spite of the fact the receipt said 12 hours and when I tried to access it the next morning, I received an error message that said "you've reached your quota". When I showed the message to the hotel staff, they said " oh, that's not possible, try again." Of course I had already tried, and continually got the same message. They printed another "24 hour" access and the receipt clearly said 1 hour and 5 minutes. When I asked them about it and showed them the receipt, they again argued with me and said it was not true. Why would I argue with them about them. Breakfast in the morning was a disappointment.... day old, half full plates of dry fruit bread, day old muffins, curdled milk. The property is beautiful, but we thought the service was really sub par.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Our stay at Relais Al Cambio was terribly disappointing! Seems that the very lovely pool area is rented out fairly regularly for private parties. We were informed there would be a private party but that our room would be far away from the music, so we agreed to keep our reservation. However,the night of our stay, in addition to extremely loud amplification of the music around the pool, the DJ and guests took turns screaming into a microphone until 1:30 AM. It was impossible for hotel guests to sleep. When we complained to the DJ and asked that the music be turned-off at midnight, which we felt was being very tolerant considering it started around 9 pm, he refused to cooperate and there was no hotel manager available or present for what was an18-year-old birthday party with minors present and underage drinking. The next morning, when we expressed our outrage, the owner was contacted by telephone, but he seemed to feel that the situation should be more acceptable to their hotel guests. "It was just a little party." The hotel is also located far from any restaurants or town, so driving the small back roads at night after dinner is a challenge. We drove around 15 km to Aqui Terme for dinner and returned to the pool party and loud music. Not recommended at all!

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated a bit lost in the vineyards of the Piemont. The view and the area arond the pool is quite nice. The staff is very nice and helpful. Perfect for a relaxing timeout in Piemont. On the flip side it is a bit far away from everthing - you need a car!

Date of stay: August 2014