“nice”
Review of Eastwood Hall

Eastwood Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastwood
Reviewed July 4, 2013

So hubby treat me to a weekend away at eastwood hall was even better because we got offer off computer, On reading the reviews I was bit worried but I have got admit it was ok, the room was nice and clean the bed was a bit small I would not say double more 3/4 but was comfortable, the breakfast is really good no completes, The dinner in restaurant well we was going treat ourselves because its expensive but to be honest on reading the menu its was not right good, you could order a snack from bar but £10.99 for a chicken & bacon baguette is bit much, plus if you wanted it brought to your room was £5.00 more, we ended up going about 400 yrds to a pub go out main gates turn left can not miss it did really nice meals at great price, On the Friday night was a porm and seeing all the young ladys with proms dressers reminded me of my young days, we did not here any noise or sound at all which was good. The pool was clean and tidy and you got towels which was great I did not have use my own, On a whole the weekend was really nice and for what we did pay for weekend was worth it ........

Room Tip: I would make sure its a double bed not 3/4 of one
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear chrissy b

Thank you for your posting your review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us, I’m sorry that you did not get chance to have dinner in the Restaurant during your stay, as I am sure you would have found the food very good. We do carry out regular price comparisons with hotels and restaurants of a similar quality to ourselves to ensure that our food and drink is competitively priced. I will however consider your comments when we next review our pricing.

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback, and hope that you will return to Eastwood Hall again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Eastwood Hall

997 - 1,003 of 1,277 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I bought a Groupon voucher for a deal here which allows me to stay by 31st July 2013. Today is the 2nd July and they have refused to let me book. Why? Because in TINY writing I had to book by the 4th June and the hotel will not accommodate me even though it was an honest oversight. I know many hotels that would have empty rooms and be happy to make arrangements as I have already paid upfront for this room but not Eastwood Hall.

Room Tip: Don't expect any flexibility or attempt to accommodate you when you have already paid.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear loueyWarkwickshire

Thank you for posting your review.

The Groupon voucher that you purchased enabled you to book a special offer rate, and with that Groupon have their own set of terms and conditions, one of which is that the offer needed to be booked by the 4th June. As you have purchased the voucher through Groupon your contract is with them. Before we were able to confirm that you could book, we needed to contact Groupon to ensure that we would be in a position to redeem the voucher with them. I am sorry that this was not communicated more clearly to you when you attempted to book.

I am pleased to see that you have made a reservation with your voucher and we look forward to seeing you on the 20th July, when hopefully you will be able to place a more positive review of your experience on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here last weekend, was a little worried after reading the reviews, but hey was very impressed with the weekend. Stayed in a lovely room with a great tv! Food was excellent in the restaurant along with the service. Staff were very friendly in every bit of the hall. Looking forward to booking again same room next time please!!!!!!!

Dear Denise 1

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us and for the full 5 marks.

I’m delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the food and the service from the team both excellent.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here as we were visiting DH Lawrence museums in Eastwood. Really good dinner, bed breakfast deal with a bottle of wine thrown in. Small but good quality vegetarian choices on the menu. Room good size, clean and ? Recently refurbished. Really friendly staff in all areas of the hotel and in the town as we wandered around.

1  Thank Andy p

Dear Andy p

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us, we are ideally located for guests wanting to make a visit to the D H Lawrence Museum, as its within walking distance of the venue..

Once again thank you for posting the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

In Glasgow parlance this hotel is fur coat and nae knickers. On arrival as you drive up through the grounds it look very nice. This continues as you enter the reception and into the bar area. It comes to an abrupt stop when you enter the bedroom. In a room that time forgot fashion, my room (239)looked akin to an old folks home. The TV was at least 20 years old and the remote didn't work. The shower head dripped and there was no aircon. Part of the cornice was hanging off the ceiling. The iron board cover was a hinderence,I had to remove it to iron my shirts. The walls are so thin I woke up the first morning and thought someone was taking a leak in my bathroom! Other than that it's okay. The bed was comfortable. The food nice enough. This is a conference hotel through and through. If you are planning a romantic weekend look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bazzztard
H0telGeneralManager, General Manager at Eastwood Hall, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear BarryN

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your allocated bedroom. The venue is only 13 years old and was a new build when it first opened. We completed out a large refurbishment of the public areas last year and we are currently working with our design team so that this refurbishment can continue in to the bedrooms, which will hopefully start later this year. I have asked our Maintenance team to inspect room 239 to ensure the cornice is repaired

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback, and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel could be perfect if not for a couple of glitches, staff were really friendly and helpful housekeeping put the heating on for us which was nice because we were unfortunate with the weather for June, we had a lovely welcome bottle of wine and the food in the restaurant was very good (only snag very expensive cheapest bottle of wine 21.00 and mains 14.00 plus each, we could unfortunately not afford to eat there on second night. )
The rooms were clean and comfortable,our room was a bit dark perhaps decor could be updated in some rooms although reception area was very modern.
Pool area was ok however the steam room was out of order.
wifi was extremely slow even with the scratch voucher you can obtain at reception.
Lastly we had a massive problem with taxi's 40 pound round trip into Nottingham (and this is the cheapest we were charged 36 pound by one company to go 13 miles!) Highly recommended if you are after a nightlife weekend go friday/sat and stay nearer the city centre.
There is a bus service about 15 mins walk from hotel with regular buses (not useful if you want to dress up and wear heels but good for a day time trip)
Warning also - our city guide was 4 yrs out of date, a lot of nightlife is shut on a Sunday although the guide leads you to believe otherwise.

Dear Paula J

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay.

I am pleased to see that you found the team to be really friendly and helpful during your stay and that you found the food in the restaurant to be very good. We do regularly price check ourselves against similar quality hotels in the area to ensure our pricing is comparative with theirs. We will consider your feedback at our next price review.

I am sorry that the steam room was out of order during your stay, the fault ahs now been repaired and it is fully working. I am also sorry that you found the WiFi slow, we do have 16 meg available for our WiFi network, however depending upon how many guests are using the network along with the number of devices they have connected affects the overall speed.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had a two day conference at this hotel. It was excellent in terms of conference hosting. The two days were well organised, the refreshments were very good and there were lots of rooms to use. The buffet lunch was ok on both days but was very similar and the same as when I had last visited for a day conference. The evening meal was fine.

The grounds are lovely but the rooms are similar to a Travelodge. Also, I would say the recent Premier Inns I have stayed in were nicer than the room. They were cleaner and fresher with a larger tv etc. These rooms are looking a little bit tired in places, such as the wear and tear in the bathroom etc. It has a small gym which I used. Although it was small, there was always access to machines and they had a range of equipment.

The staff were all lovely and really helpful in all areas of the hotel. So I would say, great for conferences and somewhere to stay for a night or two but not for a luxury escape/treat etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear WorldTraveller84

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the two day conference that you attended, and that the you found the refreshment buffet points very good. We do have 36 event rooms within the venue so we have a room to accommodate most requests.

We are currently planning the next stage of our refurbishment program, which will see the bedrooms refreshed, hopefully this work will commence later this year.

Andrew Wright, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastwood
The Derbyshire Derby
#1 of 1 in Risley
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
Muthu Clumber Park & Hotel and Spa
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court

Been to Eastwood Hall? Share your experiences!