“Fantastic West Coast Salmon and Halibut Fishing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Reel Obsession Fishing Lodge Vancouver Island
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Zeballos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: World-class BC fishing vacations at our lodge on Vancouver Island. Fishing the legendary waters of Nootka Sound and Esperanza for trophy salmon, halibut, tuna, lingcod, and more. Angling enthusiasts will experience the wild BC coastline in an oceanfront lodge with all the amenities of a large fishing resort. After a day battling fish after fish in beautiful Pacific waters you’ll enjoy west coast hospitality and gourmet meals prepared by our chef. With a breathtaking view of the Zeballos inlet, unwind in the hot tub and sauna before a new day of BC’s best saltwater fishing. Our expert guides, consistently big catches, and resort accommodations are the perfect recipe for a Vancouver Island fishing trip that is second to none!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic West Coast Salmon and Halibut Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have just booked my 4th trip to Zeballos staying at the Reel Obsession Lodge for this coming July. This is always one of the highlights of the summer for me and my 2 regular fishing buddies. Every year we have had unbelievable fishing for both salmon and halibut and have loved the hospitality and accommodations in Adrain's lodge in Zeballos. Some of the highlights over the 1st 3 years were:
1. Belly hooking and 90lb halibut, I have never had a halibut make runs while pulling it up before and at one point we thought I had hooked into a huge chinook salmon.
2. A double header of twin 27lb chinooks
3. The aerial show a calf grey whale did for us while trolling for salmon one morning
4. Getting to know other guests and trading fishing tales over a nice dinner in the lodge.

I have fished all over BC including several trips to Haida Gwaii and I have never been anywhere with such consistently great fishing. We have maxed out in halibut and chinook every year I have been fishing with Adrian and the last couple of years we even had some nice 8 to 10lb coho to supplement the chinook and halibut. I highly recommend a fishing trip with Adrian and his other skippers.

Andrew Byers

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding Fishing Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We have been fishing with Adrian since he started guiding over ten years ago. He has always been able to find the fish AND select the right lures/bait AND set up to get the bite. We invariably get our limits of salmon, halibut, cod, and other varieties of fish. And the catch usually includes very large fish.
We have been going to this lodge since it opened, and have enjoyed its evolution to a first class facility. The living room, bedrooms, deck accomodations (sauna, jacuzzi, BBQ), computer/Wi-Fi/cable facilities are all spotless, modern and first class. And he has had a skillful cheff providing, ample and delicious meals.
He has added a full processing, packaging and freezing facility to prepare our catch to take home.
This is the best fishing set-up (catching, staff, accomodations, food, facilities) for fishing on Victoria Island.

Visited July 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Great Westcoast Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

A group of six of us fellas headed up from Vic for two days of catching fish and great food!! Adrian and his team didn't disappoint. Lots of salmon, halibut ,snapper and cod to fill our coolers . Staff was very awesome, helping in any way they could and making you feel at home!
Going back again next year!!!

Thanks , Shady Money

Camano Island, Washington
“Awesome Fishing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I would try to keep this place a secret but Adrian asked me to rate his lodge, and the word will get out anyway. This is BCs best fishing experience ever. My friends and I have been to three lodges and this is the keeper. We catch so many big fish that our other fishing buddies think we're stretching the truth. I let 'em think that until they come over and see my freezer filled with salmon, halibut, lingcod and rockfish. We already have reservations for 2014!

Vernon, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“fish slayers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Six of us from Survant Eng. Surveys went over for 2 days of fishing in Zebellous a couple of yrs before the lodge but were set up at the hotel which was awesome. Each day we limited out on salmon including a couple of 90 lb halibut ( they seem to increase in size as the yrs move on,lol). Biggest mistake was not bring enough coolers. Following year returned with friends limited out on salmon but feed fish and halibut that year were limited. Adrian is a super guide,top notch.

3 Thank HAH467