Truly an amazing honeymoon. To describe every little detail would be to rob you of some of the joy of discovery, but let's just say that everyone I met there had a smile on their face like I'd never seen on vacation before.
In June, expect to see a lot of young honeymooners (20s to 30s in age range). According to the owners (who were present almost every night at dinner and opened their home to all visitors for a cocktail party the first night we were there), over 40% of PSV guests are repeat customers. For us, this meant that about 6 of the couples were lovely folks celebrating 25th anniversaries or 50th birthdays. The atmosphere exuded quiet elegance everywhere we went, and it's easy to either make friends with other couples or to stay in solitary wedded bliss for the duration of the visit.
The food was 5-star all the way. We stayed seven nights and never saw the same thing twice on the dinner menu (which includes a choice of three appetizers, 5 or 6 entree options, and at leats 4 or 5 desserts). The barbecue on the beach, however, was my favorite meal - grilled lobster and t-bone steaks, can't beat it.
We took two trips off-island, one to Carricaou (pop. 7,000) to visit the local culture, and one to Petit Martinique (pop. 950) for their Sunday Catholic church service. Transportation by speedboat is complimentary from PSV. The Carricaou visit was beautiful and worth the visit, but shopping for "local" goods is abysmal. The shops at the Barbados airport had more traditional items than this tiny island. The church service at Petit Martinique was phenomenal - easily one of the highlights of our trip. Beautiful, spirited singing, and we felt very welcomed by the congregation.
A couple of helpful tips - bring bug spray or lotion. There aren't too many bugs, but getting bitten can still mar an otherwise perfect experience. Also, if you're at all athletically inclined, hike to the top of the island with a pre-planned picnic lunch. The view is lovely, but more interesting are the trees and other plants on the way up and down. Be careful, though, becuase the hike is fairly steep and rocky. As for cottages, we were put in Cottage #1 on the bluff and I think it's by far the best. Great view, lots of privacy. It's one of only two with a birds' eye view of the island. But - it's a hike to the beach and to meals, so if you don't like walking 5+ minutes to get to where you're going, it's not for you. And finally, ask Ken at the dockhouse to make you a necklace. He'll charge you less than they do at the boutique, and it's about the closest thing you'll get to an island souvenier.
The trip there and back is a bit long, depending on where you're comig from, but the prop jet experience is not as bad as you think :) All in all, you won't regret choosing PSV - we're already planning our 5-year anniversary return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Petit St Vincent is a luxurious private island paradise, tucked away in the Grenadine islands of the West Indies, a tropical barefoot hideaway offering guests the rare chance to unplug from the normal day to day urban technological clutch.Aside from offering opulent comforts, ultimate privacy and an understated yet attentive service, there exists a conspicuous and deliberate absence of connectivity to the outside world: no TV’s, phones or internet in the beach front villas and elevated bluff cottages, encouraging you to unwind, relax and enjoy each other’s company without any unwanted distractions. With 115 acres of natural tropical woodlands and just 22 guest cottages, seclusion is guaranteed. Each beautifully designed guest cottage is decorated in marine shades and tangled driftwood furnishings reflecting the island’s uncluttered vibe. This elegant but unpretentious boutique island resort is surrounded by clear turquoise waters, rich tropical reefs and 2 miles of stunning white-sand beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your Petit St. Vincent Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit St. Vincent Hotel Petit St.Vincent
- Petit Hotel St Vincent
- Petit St. Vincent Resort St. Vincent And The Grenadines, Caribbean