We stayed for 2 nights B&B in late August in the larger room overlooking the road. If we were in the area again, we'd happily eat here, but we wouldn't stay overnight - the service/food was at odds with our bedroom comfort which makes it difficult to rate
*Friendly, helpful staff
*Pleasant, popular bar area where food was generally good (although why some dishes are served on slate 'plates' too small for the dish is a mystery). The fish & chips, pies and cooked breakfast were excellent with hearty portions (cold breakfast choice is nothing special)
*Holt itself is pleasant, convenient to visit local garden attactions (The Courts, Great Chalfield)
*Large car park, easy to find a space
The Inn markets itself as 'luxury' B&B with accordingly higher than average B&B rates. Based on our room, we felt they were 'overselling' themselves - a bowl of fruit and an small fridge didn't outweigh the downsides for us.
* We found both the bed and pillows very uncomfortable and lumpy
* Stuffy room with more noise than we expected from the road. The curtains were very thin and there was an orange lamp post shining into our room
* Our bathroom was in need of some 'TLC' with peeling paint on ceiling
* The bedrooms are accessed via an outside metal staircase on the side of the Inn and a narrow passage way - it wasn't a problem for us, but might be tricky for someone with mobility issues
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your The Tollgate Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tollgate Hotel Holt