“My local away from home”

The Tollgate Inn Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Holt
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Eton, United Kingdom
“My local away from home”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I noted the Tollgate on getting lost one day and when I ended up staying at the Woolley Grange up the road, thought I'd try it. Clearly the farrow and ball paint job worked for me! Anyway, they have a lovely deli on the back of the pub and then the pub itself has plenty of dining space. They serve all local beers, ciders etc. the menu is very local orientated, which I like. Plenty of good classics, extremely we'll cooked, supported by a great range of specials. It's really well priced too and the service is great. The only thing that stops me giving this an excellent is that perhaps the chef tries a bit too hard on some dishes.

Visited September 2013

Bath
“A lovely pub with good food and service”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Good pub local to nice places to visit. There is a small shop on site as well. Service was a bit slow on a busy Sunday lunchtime but staff were helpful and the food was fresh and well prepared.

Visited August 2013
england
“Scrummy food and lovely staff”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We visited on a Sunday and were really glad they could fit us in. We had our little girl with us and they did us a special small version of the children's portion and were really sweet to her. The food was good old Sunday grub - filling and delicious. We'll definitely visit again!

Holt, Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Neil's Birthday meal”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Truly excellent everyone had a great meal ..... food was good as was the company. We would highly recommend this pub. This is a fourth or fifth visit and each time whether lunchtime or evening or just for a drink we have thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“well worth a second visit”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had lunch here earlier this week and chose it because it is very near our destination and was well reviewed on Tripadvisor. It is a very pleasant building and the interior is full of old Englidh pub charm. The staff were excellent, friendly, helpful and efficient. The food was good but fell short of excellent. My wife had grilled plaice which she described as only "quite" good and I had sausage,mash and gravy. The sausages were very good, the mash a bit dry and there wasn't quite enough gravy for my taste. The coffee was pretty good. We would definitely go again it's well worth a visit if you are in the area .