All reviews non veg palace chennai dishes lunch
Reviewed January 2, 2018

When we arrived at Karaikudi, this is the first place we dropped by to have evening snacks. A good restaurant with attractive tiles (tiles are very attractive among Karaikudi palaces). We had small snacks and tea, but we were surprised to see the bill. The food is quite expensive. But the taste is delicious and typical Karaikudi style.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We had driven down from chennai ,heading to karaikudi...decided to have a glimpse of kanadukathan palace and its other bungalows in the town en route.

My colleagues enjoyed a sumptous lunch of Non veg meals with mutton fry while my veg lunch had three different types of vegetables including a delicious keerai masiyal (Spinach Gravy)..

The lady attending to us was more like a hostess attending to her house guests !......
Explaining about the dishes and cajoling us to have more without trying to sell..

At the end of it,we felt light !...even while walking about town in the blistering heat . Truly homely

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2017

This is not one of the grand restored Chettinad Mansions but it holds it ground. It is very well positioned within Kanadukathan, one of the most interesting Chettinad villages and it offers good food. The staff did their best to accommodate me and to help me organizing my trips in the area. They sent a boy with me to the Raja Palace for a brief visit and had a reliable and well priced tuk tuk at hand. The waiter made it his personal duty that I was well fed. The rooms are average, but there is a balcony and the price is much lower that at the two boutique hotels in the same village.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Visited temple and had a plan to have good food in Chettinadu, Visited the hotel for stay but room was not good so we planned to have food, We heard food was good from many of my friends but all floopped . such a horrible service, no proper menu, not trainned staff , food was bad, pathatic restaurant, ac restaurant but NO AC, when asked staff say No Power

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

We spent a day and night at this place . The rooms are big , really spacious and well maintained . The air conditioning works well and they have kept the bathrooms squeaky clean ( I am a bit fussy about those ) each room can accommodate 3 people and they open to a lovely balcony . They also have a terrace which offers much photo taking opportunities . Now the not so pleasant experiences . I am a foodie and a hardcore Carnivore at that , my expectation was eye watering spicy non vegetarian food . I was served a watered down version which was more suited for the foreign nationals . The food was decent for lunch and Kavitha the lady in charge took care of all guests . She promised me that they will serve me an authentic Chettinadu Chicken Curry for dinner. Dinner was a bit of a downer as they completely forgot about my request and served us some non palatable vegetable gravy and Idiyappams. The excuses given were the shops closed early ,lack of communication etc . I am still miffed by the food experience and lack of courtesy to at least apologise .

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends