All reviews non veg palace chennai dishes lunch
Reviewed July 8, 2017

This is not one of the grand restored Chettinad Mansions but it holds it ground. It is very well positioned within Kanadukathan, one of the most interesting Chettinad villages and it offers good food. The staff did their best to accommodate me and to help me organizing my trips in the area. They sent a boy with me to the Raja Palace for a brief visit and had a reliable and well priced tuk tuk at hand. The waiter made it his personal duty that I was well fed. The rooms are average, but there is a balcony and the price is much lower that at the two boutique hotels in the same village.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Visited temple and had a plan to have good food in Chettinadu, Visited the hotel for stay but room was not good so we planned to have food, We heard food was good from many of my friends but all floopped . such a horrible service, no proper menu, not trainned staff , food was bad, pathatic restaurant, ac restaurant but NO AC, when asked staff say No Power

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

We spent a day and night at this place . The rooms are big , really spacious and well maintained . The air conditioning works well and they have kept the bathrooms squeaky clean ( I am a bit fussy about those ) each room can accommodate 3 people and they open to a lovely balcony . They also have a terrace which offers much photo taking opportunities . Now the not so pleasant experiences . I am a foodie and a hardcore Carnivore at that , my expectation was eye watering spicy non vegetarian food . I was served a watered down version which was more suited for the foreign nationals . The food was decent for lunch and Kavitha the lady in charge took care of all guests . She promised me that they will serve me an authentic Chettinadu Chicken Curry for dinner. Dinner was a bit of a downer as they completely forgot about my request and served us some non palatable vegetable gravy and Idiyappams. The excuses given were the shops closed early ,lack of communication etc . I am still miffed by the food experience and lack of courtesy to at least apologise .

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2015

We had dropped in and enjoyed excellent service and great food when we had stayed in kanadukathan, The Chettinad lunch that they serve is excellent both in its veg and non veg version. its good value for money, The authentic chettinad dishes that they served us did leave a very pleasant memory The restaurant is spacious with good ambiance and with cool interiors even if the AC was not switched on. (outside it was 39 Deg when we were there ) the exterior had some day to day artifacts of Chettinad for display.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rahul R
Reviewed September 20, 2015

if u want to spent Ur occasion in a memorable way please visit chettinad narayana vilas... u can have real typical chettinad food here...... also there are many places to see like pillayarpatti,kundrakudi,vairavanpatti,thirumayam fort, palaces, antic things like old wooden easy chair , table ................... staffs in the hotel are wonderful. all there is always with smiley face......

Room Tip: nice to stay with family and friends... delicious chettinad food available..
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled solo