Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$61
eDreams$55
Agoda.com$55
Vio.com$55
Tripadvisor$55
All reviews the owner mirissa beach air con stayed longer perfect place to stay stayed here for nights bodyboard supermarket sri
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

Super charming little place with a super nice staff! Feels so good stepping out of your cozy room into their garden, having some breakfast and then enjoying the beach right next to it!
(It's also neighbor with the wonderful restaurant zephyr!)
A bit expensive but nice vibe.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

Beach at your doorstep, sunbeds, boogie boards, umbrellas, outside showers and bottled water at your disposal, and clean rooms and hot showers... what more do you need?

Staff were helpful - and made up the beds each day - my only warning would be to exercise caution as to what you store in the room safe. There was such emphasis to store valuables in it... and since my partner is fastidious with money he is sure he had an Australian $20 stolen and a US $5 note taken. We are frequent travellers so understand that taking smaller amounts is less noticeable and less likely to be reported, and then you are just so happy to be at the beach all day you tend to just sweep that to one side - as we did.

In fairness I think Charith has done everything he can in the way of cameras in external areas but unfortunately my theory is that staff cleaning the rooms are responsible for small thefts of money.

Despite this, we had a FABULOUS time in Mirissa and Sira's chalets definitely had a big part to play in that.

Also, since we are next door to Zephyr which currently claims best beach restaurant, understand that if you stay at Sira's during the weekend loud live music blares till 3am.

I would definitely stay here again if I wanted to party - if I wanted something more quiet or exclusive I would consider a resort on a nearby beach.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Sira's Chalets are 6 rooms located just off the beach in the middle of Mirissa bay. I LOVED it! It's so close to the ocean you can just wake up and go for a swim without taking anything with you.

The staff are friendly and do everything they can to help you all with a smile. They provide towels for the beach, sun loungers and umbrellas. They serve breakfast outside your room on the seating area, which usually consisted of fresh fruit, toast, egg etc, but we asked for traditional Sri Lankan food one morning and got delicious egg curry, dhal and idly appa.

Th rooms are basic but had everything I needed. A warm shower, comfortable bed. If you want 5* this isn't the place for you. Personally I love the fact it's owned and run by locals and has a homely feel.

Apart from breakfast and water there is no food or drink, but there are plentiful cafes and restaurants steps away on either side.

I would definitely go back!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

Second time we stayed there and it's even better. Location couldn't be better. Wonderful staff that would help you with anything. Nice, clean rooms, good bathrooms, free water, good wifi, new beach chairs. Mirissa beach seemed quiter this time around so no problem with music, otherwise i would recommend the rooms farthest away from the beach.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2016

-insects in the room (cockroaches, geckos, beetles, mosquitoes) because in the bathroom, no mosquito nets on the street, there is always open.
-poor water flow
-the room service to ask for
-the biggest disappointment is the staff stealing from the safe in the room. Judging by the reviews, this is at least the 3rd time in this hotel, but certain cases much more, just not everyone notices it.
I put some of the money in the safe before their believing (saved money for further accommodation booked in hotels before the end of the holiday, so I knew for sure), the rest of the money was with me. Departing in the morning from the room I closed the safe (candy time I checked), and when I came back in the room (in 14 hours) found that the safe was ajar, the bolt was half-pushed so that with a little force I was able to open and close the door (it's electronic and I would not be able to close the bolt only half). I decided to count my money and found that I do not have 15000 rupees (100$), the calculation was that only by stealing part of the money we will not notice the loss. I immediately went to the attendants to know who was in my room while I was away. To which I said Yes, we went to your room, but we never did because we were so distracted from the next room for Breakfast... after that (remember that I returned to 14.00) to my room never returned. Question: why go in the room, if there was nothing in it made none at all to the distraction of staff or after? In the hotel there are surveillance cameras, but they show only who is in the room. In the end, proves nothing: to go - went, do - did nothing there (and then too), the money was gone. A call to the owner did no good, position one: the master key is only me, no one to open the safe by employees I believe (despite the fact that they are just doing nothing come in the room), if you want something ezhay himself to the police in Weligama. Camera useless. The safe cannot be opened 100%. Most likely a dodgy employee or found a way to open the safe in the artful way or have a copy of the key, catch it is almost unreal, maybe access to the room he legal.

Room tip: Do not leave money in the room, is stolen
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank farc0m
Charith S, Owner at Sira's Chalets Mirissa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2016

wasn't space enough to text your complain as one rather than making two complains under different names. SriLanka is a tropical country and has many animals and insects. they enter a room only if the door is kept open. one in two days we clean the gully lines to clear out Cockroachers. We do have mosquito nets. we do not keep them in the room cause it disturbs the guest during day time . on request we provide them. mosquito nets are only kept in the room on requests ans not in the street.
After you blamed my employee, i ask him not to enter your room again. That is the reason he did not clean the room. But afternoon shift guy cleaned it. Isn't it?Yes, I have come across a few people saying they lost money. some complained to get a letter from me and later after going home to claim insurance. In my 26 years in the industry i have come across more than 50 such complains. As i wasn't in the hotel that is the reason i ask you to lodge a complain with the Police so that before the staff member leaves the premises they will check the man and the premises.

i have left leaflets in room giving details where for all guests to take precautionary measures. No body can half lock the doors unless a guest makes a mistake and leave the room leaving it open. I have only install surveillance cameras only outside but they cannot see what is happening inside.
NO WAY that the key had been copied as they are not in the premises. unless i am not there my mother has to come 11 km to open them.
In this case what i understand is you were ready with complains what had happened earlier was already in your hand.
In the previous cases i complained to the police and they investigated. In one case after the investigations the guest had told that they wanted to claim money. in another instance a couple on their honeymoon complained that they lost a ring. i spoke to the guest for several minutes before they left the premises. never complained till they lodge a similar review. in another case more than 30 hrs after leaving the premises they complained to Police and after investigation POLICE new such a thing did not happen here. the complain was that the guest had lost the money within the first 45 minutes of arrival. Luckily there driver was seated just outside the room. they must have lost it before they came to my place or when they left the purse down stairs and gone up to watch whales at sea or at the place they stayed after leaving my place.
recently another guest who stayed here complained but showed no one entering the room and the guest had told not to clean the room during his stay.
anyway whether it happened or not i have taken steps to install a movable camera before any of my staff members entering a room.