Handagedara Resort
Triple O Six(Mirissa)
$96
$88
Great 4.5/5
Shehan Guest House(Mirissa)(Great Value!)
$26
$40
$36
Very Good 4/5
Agoda.com
All reviewsstandard rooms arewhale watchingquiet air conditioningmoon housethe ownerstayed nights at this hotelbalcony facing the poolgirl on receptionsri lankadecent wifinice boutique hotelcolonial villashower arearooms were cleaned every daylovely poolwelcome drinkdeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed in this small family run guesthouse for 1 week and had a relaxing time. The staff are helpful and friendly -very welcoming. The owners of the hotel where helpful in making tour arrangements and I had a good time. The cook, Rashan, was flexible with meal times and completely satisfied my appetite for the duration of the stay.

The hotel has a nice atmosphere to it. Room was basic, but clean and comfortable. Bed was comfortable and AC worked well. Cleaning was offered every day. Bathrooms where nice and clean. The only possible negative about the room (can only speak for the room I stayed in) was that it was a little dark.

Hotel is located close to the beach and harbour. My stay at this hotel left me feeling well rested. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We travelled around Sri Lanka for two weeks and this was the final destination for our stay in the country; out of the 6 hotels we stayed in, this was by far the nicest, cleanest and best guesthouse. Priyanga, the owner, was not only the most accommodating of hotel owners, but also one of the nicest people i have ever met. Every need was catered for; breakfast was great, rooms were cleaned daily and we were made to feel very like friends of the family rather than just guests. Breakfast times were flexible practically to suit guests' relaxed holiday styles and the hotel is situated literally 5 minutes' walk from the beautifully serene beach. Rooms were immaculate and cool with fully adjustable air conditioning, hot/cold running water and spacious and comfortable beds. Handagedara Resort helped bring the perfect and relaxing end to a fast paced and busy holiday in Sri Lanka and I couldn't recommend this guesthouse anymore if I tried.

Room Tip: Any room in the guesthouse.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2013

After traveling around Sri Lanka this was our last stop before home, we arrived after a 3hr bus journey from Tisa dripping with sweat, hungry, thirsty and slightly annoyed. As soon as we arrived we were sat next to a fan and given ice cold sprites while someone took our bags, I was so grateful and as I cooled down and looked at the beautiful surroundings of the lobby I'd already decided this was my favorite place in Sri Lanka.
The room was newly decorated, very modern and stylish with new air con and lockable cupboards for any valuables. The bed was very comfy with a four poster style mosquito net (which I find much better than the hoop ones). Fresh clean cotton sheets and towels and a beautiful view onto the garden, a small palm grove. Breakfast was good and the coffee was the best. The staff/owners were very friendly and cheerful and organized a whale watching for us. Really good value for money compared to some other places and literally a 5 min walk from the beach. Two thumbs up! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Cute little hotel ( about 10 rooms), prices are reasonnable, room are spacious and clean, staff helpfull, and copious breakfast.
Not directly on the beach but 5 min walking, which is better if you don't want to have the music until late at night...
Mirissa beach is really nice, long, clean. You will find plenty of beach restaurants selling fresh fish for dinner ( 25$usd for a big red snaper/3pax).
If you enjoy surfing, there is a nice right on the letf end of the beach.

ADVISE: Mirrisa is 3 hours drive from the airport, better book in advance for your transportation.
siroshan@hotmail.com, Dilhan is a really safe driver/guide speaking good english, only taking $50/day.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We extended our stay here from 2 to 3 nights. It is not on the beach but couple of minutes walk from the north end equally as close to the harbour. The guesthouse is tastefully refurbished 200yrs old colonial house that belonged to the current owners great-grandfather. They have done a great job in keeping nice period features whilst giving rooms modern a/c and wetroom style showers. Breakfast was great, the staff friendly and the owners went out of there way to ensure our stay was a happy one. Listen to there recommendation regarding whale watching tours as all the companies charge the same but not all are as professional as the one they recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013