“Fantastic cookery course”

Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Mirissa
Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dear Guests, please not that we are closed on Poya Days (full moon days).
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I'm not actually writing about the rotis, but about the cookery course that I did with two friends at this roti shop. It was BRILLIANT. Gayani asked us what kinds of fish, veg etc we liked & we learnt how to cook 5 different curries - pumpkin, aubergine, dahl, green bean, potato and a chutney (pineapple).
We spent the afternoon learning how to do these from scratch. She drew out a grid that we filled in as we went along, such a great idea and very simple. Once we'd finished, we sat down & ate them with her daughter, who's 8. It was such a nice afternoon/evening. And wow the curry tasted absolutely incredible. I'm now back in London but often find myself cooking these curries for friends and they are always a big hit. If you want to learn how to cook delicious curry with a lovely, talented person for a bargain price, this is the place for you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,935)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The food is amazing qulaity and amazing value. The pre-ordered curries are the best we have had in Sri Lanka. The Rotti's are great and the sweet Rotti's are amazing! We went thre times whilst in Mirrisa and left stuffed and satisfied every time. We even got taught how to play carrom by their family, which is a great game and highly entertaining (kind of like sit down billiards). We never had time to do the cooking lessons but every we talked to had an amazing time so I would recommend doing this during your time in Mirissa.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I can't say this is authentic but I can say it was delicious. Well worth a walk and a stop to meet this lovely family and try their roti.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm sure there is nothing I can say about this place that hasnt been said before- it is perfection. The people, the location, the cooking classes and above all the food. You must make the effort to visit. You will not regret it. Go as many times as you can and try everything. Maybe my favourite place in Sri Lanka!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Found this place on a walk and recognised it from reviews. We had the vegetable roti made on the spot and really tasty. Very cheep and very filling.