“Friendly Faces”

Cuckoo's Nest Pub & Grub
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Sisaket
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The 'Cuckoo's Nest' is another name for a mental institution, making it an appropriate name for a farang restaurant/bar in Thailand! In Sisaket, we farang have one thing in common: the cosmic bakers took us out of the oven a little too early! Whether you're crazy or not, a Farang far from home or a Thai person looking for new experiences, you're always welcome at The Cuckoo's Nest Pub & Grub. I can tell you is that my wife and I will do our best to provide a clean, fun, small "pub" where a few of "us" crazy Farangs and our Thai familys and friends can have a nice coffee, cold beer, or cocktail, and a nice meal that you might find difficult to find in this part of Isaan. Remember our motto: it's okay to be crazy, just don't let it drive you nuts! I believe we make a great selection of HOMEMADE Mexican food including Chile Verde Burritos, Chile Colorado Burritos, Black Bean & Cheese Burritos, Pork Chimichangas, Chicken or Pork Quesadillas, Pork Carnitas, Chicken or Pork Nacho Salad, Taquitos, Spicy Black Beans, Yucatan Style Salsa, our own special Fermented Chile Sauce that will surely scorch a taste bud or two, and more to come. We only offer a high quality meal, in a cozy environment that you can afford. We make a mean Spaghetti with a very rich thick homemade meat sauce. Lasagna with homemade sauce, four cheeses and our great garlic bread is sure to please. Our signature fresh 9" Pizzas, as well as Baguette Pizzas will fill your cheesy desires. The Italian Sausage Meatball Sub Sandwich is also a big hit. Steak Pies, Cornish pasties, Lamb Donner Kebabs, and delicious Bratwurst Sausages should satisfy your comfort food passions. Our all American Pulled Pork Bar B Que Sandwich is a delicious blend of slow roasted pork and our very own thick, rich and zesty Bar B Que sauce. We make great Beef and Pork Steaks in our own marinade. Pork Schnitzel with garlic dill sauce or Chicken Cordon Bleu will be difficult to choose between. We have a full selection of Salads featuring our delicious Ceasar Salad with real homemade Ceasar dressing and garlic parmesan croutons, and Soups with our Zesty New England Clam Chowder at the top of the list. We also serve a full range of delicious breakfast items. Aew, is an excellent cook with many years of experience making tasty Thai food. She continues this experience at The Cuckoo's Nest and speaks fluent English. We welcome anyone who wants to enjoy themselves and have a pleasant time. Please check bad attitudes at the curb! The Cuckoo's Nest is open 12:00 Noon to 10:00 pm or later, Tuesday - Sunday. Located just 250 Meters East of Phompiman Hotel, on the street running parallel to, and south of, the railway line.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you are ever planning a trip through Sisaket, make sure you stop in at the Cuckoo's nest. Wide range of both Western and Local food with one of the best hot pots i have had to date. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxing and the beers are always ice cold. There is always a familiar face and a conversation to be had, and if you happen to be there on a Thursday stop in for the quiz night, its worth it!
Between all the tourists and locals that visit there is a wealth of information about the surrounding area, what to do and where to go.

5  Thank Mc3103
Brian J, Guest Relations Manager at Cuckoo's Nest Pub & Grub, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Thanks for the nice review. Hope to see you again soon. Brian and Aew

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Popped in the nest for just one maybe two beers so I could answer emails and check on things in the cold land back home and guess what didn't even get the iPad out the bag instead had a great nite drinking beer with some really nice guys and girls and had some good food.so I would defiantly recommend a beer or a burger if your passing watch out on a Friday all the teachers will be out and you will get carry away with them as I did.lol

7  Thank Simon D
Brian J, Guest Relations Manager at Cuckoo's Nest Pub & Grub, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Aew and I are glad you had a good time at the Cuckoo's Nest. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Cuckoo's Nest in Sisaket has swiftly become the default watering hole for my wife and I to meet up with local friends and visiting tourists alike - and with good reason!

There's always a warm and friendly welcome from the host and hostess (who produce a range of tasty Tex-Mex and Thai food) and the outside bar area is a great place to relax with an iced beer and just watch the world go by..............come and join us!

7  Thank Isaanexpat

Thanks for taking the time to review Cuckoo's Nest. Knowing that our customers enjoy our food and service gives us good reason to wake up in the morning. All our best, Brian and Aew

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I often visit sisaket to see the family and it was my daughter who told me of it. after entering I was warmly welcomed and decided on the eggs Benedict for breakfast! Well what can one say but superb!
I have visited many times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never been disappointed .
I have also just popped in for a beverage and always find it to be a very friendly enviroment from the locals to people from all over the world.

The owner and his wife have always made my wife and children extremely welcome .

I would recommend a visit as it's very family friendly environment and if your on your own you are welcomed into their cukkoo family .

I will certainly be making regular visits upon my return to the land of smiles.

5  Thank Johnwalke

It's always a pleasure to see you John. We hope to see you again soon.
Cheers, Brian and Aew

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I use to go to the nest at least 3 or 4 times a week for almost 6 months, food's great, people are awesome and the local expats are legend. Brian and the crew always make it a night to remember with a great atmospheer and friendly faces all round. His homemade margaritta's are well known so give it a go with his infamous club sandwich or italian meatball dog. I loved going there on Sundays as the local Sunday market is on, but anyday is a nest day. Enjoy and give Brian a shout from me...

6  Thank werndaburn