Official Hotel
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Priceline
All reviews rooftop restaurant pool area hotel facilities excellent stay private beach business trip amazing hotel breakfast buffet enjoyed my stay special thanks pools swimming walid staycation sara starbucks services
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I've booked 2 nights in the one bedroom suite with jacuzzi, the suite was large and spacious and it had a small kitchen in it. What i didn't like about the room is that you're trapped in the room ! There's no sea access or view unless you book the royal or imperial suites .. And to "see" the beach you must go all the way pass the fitness club then the pool to find the small private beach ..
Another thing that might ruin it for you is that the hotel is old and furniture is in alittle bad condition ..
It's definitly not a resort .. Just another hotel with a sea front !

Date of stay: April 2011
1  Thank don3ziz
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Very Comfortable stay. Spacious room with separate living room and a kitchenette too. Hotel also has a spa and wide variety of food in the restaurant on the ground floor. Very friendly and co-operative staff. Observed many families with young children staying in the hotel as well as business men. Free internet in the room. Complementary spa voucher is also provided by the hotel.

Room tip: Very spacious room with variety of food
Date of stay: July 2010
1  Thank JJMumbai
Reviewed February 27, 2011

i stayed at this hotel in 2004 as my first business trip to kuwait and it was a nice stay, this time i visited the palms with my wife to attend the national day celebrations, the resort in general has a decent location with a starbucks coffee shop and Pan restaurant (had many organic based meals) now i'll discuss some areas in detail :
1. Checking in: it was smooth with no problems
2. The room: the suite was very spacious with a large living room, moderate size kitchen, huge bathroom with a jacoozi and the bed bedroom was large. the room had an old style curtain and the bed was a bit wobbly otherwise its ok, the bathroom had surprisingly only one towel and one bath rob (the reservation was clear for two people). the room was generally clean.
3. the resort had a very nice gym with many stations to workout, the beach area is very close to the resort but the pool was closed for maintenance.
4.spa: men will do the therapy for men and ladies for ladies (rule of the country), treatment was OK i did only feet massage as i had a problem with one of my feet.
5. breakfast: it has a variety of selections from international (no pork) items to middle eastern items, the omelette's chef need to focus more on the orders, the staff on one day had many broken glasses as a miss communication resulted with in a crash with a waiter who had a large trey full of glasses and it was a huge mess.
6. there are other restaurants but we didn't try them.
7. i could've used the golf cart to my room as my foot was not feeling well and i had difficulty walking but the staff were not allowed to do so.
8. staff was generally friendly.
9. checking out was slow and it took over 15 min to sort out our bill which wasn't difficult but the process was slow in general.

i hope the update their furniture as it was clearly getting old.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank nassudmi
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I arrived at the hotel at 9.30 a.m. having only made my reservaton earlier that morning online. I was pleasantly surprised when I was told that my room was ready and available for me to check into at no extra charge. The staff immediately impressed me and this continued throughout my stay.
My room was enormous. Kitchen, dining area, bathroom, lounge and even a desk in case I wanted to do some work. TVs in both the lounge and bedroom meant I could really relax which I rarely do and was therefore even more of a treat.
There are several restaurants in the hotel and they are all excellent. The fish restaurant overlooking the beach was a touch expensive but I guess you get what you pay for. Certainly worthwhile.
The grounds of the hotel are most impressive and there are several swimming pools to choose from. The gym is free to hotel guests and most impressive and not at all crowded.
There is a nice area of beach. Sadly swimming is not allowed at present due to sea water pollution (not caused by the hotel). I am sure they will get this sorted soon.
All in all this is a great place to stay.

Date of stay: January 2011
1  Thank TartanWanderer
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Very attentive staff and healthclub facilities are extensive. Set on the beach and in very scenic surroundings. The people here really care about their guests.

Date of stay: February 2010