All reviews lounge area roast beef stayed nights nice room saturday night function room bog walk couldn't do enough last weekend family wedding following morning scones lovely hotel food was lovely bar food cork carvery
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

I was very impressed by the manor hotel new sandwich menu. I have eaten here a few times and I was never disappointed. The new menu caters for gluten free and vegan diets and is delicious. The new menu is reasonably priced and we’ll worth it. The coffee is also amazing and I would highly recommend a visit if you are passing through the town of abbeyleix.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is pretty bang on what you’d expect from a three star hotel. Dated rooms, barhroom functional but no taste. The food is plentiful and staff are very pleasant. Our room stank of smoke unfortunately and the remains of previous room occupant rubbish was left in the bin. As there are no other hotels for miles they have the monopoly. Rooms aren’t particularly cheap but there again, Ireland is expensive to visit. My only major angst is the bedroom doors. The old slam shut types. They’re dated and heavy with no soft close. So beware at night. You will definitely be woken by the slamming as it literally vibrates your room. To sum up. If you’re looking for a decent carvery definitely go, if you’re seeking an upmarket modern hotel with all the trimmings......book elsewhere.

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Went here today with my two daughters an grandson. I never complain about anytn. But today was a joke. Food was bland an over priced . 17€ for a 4oz cheese burger. I had a mixed grill the tomatoes an mushrooms were rock hard the pudding had no flavour or the sausages the bacon was practically raw. I ate half of the meal an left it. 17€ for a mixed grill. Not even abit of steak of pork chop. 8€ for grandsons sausage an mash. I wudnt mind the price if the food was nice . At least we would of enjoyed it. My daughter's said the same it was very bad

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

We had our wedding here last week, and we still have people coming up to us raving about how good the hotel was. The food was amazing staff are fantastic. From the 1st day we met Alex to plan our wedding he made us feel so at ease. We genuinely didn't feel any pressure leading up to our big day because the hotel staff simply take all that away from you. Everything was planned meticulously. We knew we were in safe hands in this hotel. I don't think anyone would have to look any further as the abbeyleix manor has got it all covered. I recommend this place so much I'd almost get married again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

Food was okay. Over cooked. A very lovely gentleman served us at the start and checked on us throughout and the rest of the staff were awful. Young girl delivered the food to table. Very rude..staff standing around..doing very little. Wouldn't go back. Felt uncomfortable. Paid too much for food. Place wasn't even busy.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple