“Lovely Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abbeyleix
Athlone
“Lovely Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Three of us had our lunch in this fine establishment today.I must say that we enjoyed a most wonderful meal.Piping hot and with plenty on the plate.
The staff were most courteous and efficient. We will be back!
Thanks.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AbbeyleixMan0r, Manager at Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear JackLAthlone,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review! We are so delighted you had a pleasant time and enjoyed your meal.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Wishes,
April

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wexford, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was my first and last stay here. Checked into the room seemed initially fine, the remote wouldn't work and the sink plug was stuck so the water wouldn't drain. When mentioned at reception she did offer to change rooms but as I was heading out I didn't have time. When I went to bed couldn't sleep for ages as the road was very noisy at the front and I could hear the man next door snoring. Breakfast was far from impressive either. Overall I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Marxxbubblesxx
April K, Manager at Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I'm so sorry that you found your room to be unsatisfactory and I apologise for this.
We are currently upgrading all of our bedrooms and bathrooms and hope that the next time you come to stay you will find them and the service you receive to be good value for money. We aim that the bedroom upgrade will be completed in the coming months.

I also apologise for you not enjoying your breakfast. Our hotel is usually renowned for its good food so I will absolutely pass on your comments to our head chef.

Again, I so appreciate the time you took to write this review as it will help us to improve our service which we are always endeavouring to do. We are an independent family run hotel and quality of service, attention to detail and having that personal touch are of paramount importance to us.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you wish to speak about anything further.

Warm Regards,

April

Travelers are raving about these Abbeyleix hotels

Roscommon, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed there on last Friday night for a fundraising night, Room was very warm and bed was really comfortable, The shower in the bath was really outdated and the towels very small, no proper TV as it was so old...We got a meal of fish and chips, the fish was on top of a handful of chips with a heap of salad to the side,they must have thought we were Rabbits with all the salad that was on the plate, it was a very expensive meal...The breakfast was really lovely the next morning.. Anne & Tom.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kate I, Manager at Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear 1966Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am sorry that you did not seem to enjoy your stay or your meal. I hope that you felt able to speak with a member of our Bar and Restaurant team about your meal at the time, but I'm pleased to read that you did enjoy your breakfast.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Province of Leinster, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here during wedding on New years eve. €94 for the room (two adults)

Lovely warm rooms and comfy beds.

I left out the breakfast in bed door hanger and never got taken off the door which was disappointing.

Had breakfast anyways and it was lovely. No buffet just took my order. Excellent waiting staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barnabybear1
Kate I, Manager at Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Barnabybear1,

Thank you for your review and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that our Night Porter did not take your breakfast order, as this would have been easily brought up to your room, but I am glad to see that you enjoyed your breakfast.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Nice hotel stayed here on way to Cork one night room was ok but a bit dusty,food was good but extremely slow service and was hungry waiting. The bar service was very slow and at times no bar staff were there at all, even with a crowd of people at the bar was very frustrating. Over all ok stay nothing special but bar staff could be better

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joeykenna
Dear Joeykenna,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal, but I was unhappy to read that you did not find our staff friendly and welcoming. I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping and bar & restaurant teams.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel as we always appreciate any and all guest feedback.

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed there last year for a Saturday night, meal in the restaurant was good service very slow, the room was dreary and we were woken with fire alarm but no directions by staff when we picked up the phone dreadful, the breakfast was held in the bar and there are no words that could descripe the rubbish that was put up, burnt offerings. I would not recommend that hotel to anybody and certainly neither I or the 20 friends that were there would ever go there again

Room Tip: avoid this place, the staff at reception were nice but thats where it stopped
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bill L
Dear Bill L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It was unfortunate that the fire alarm sounded during the night and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast. I have passed on your comments to the rest of the team and I hope that we would be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed last night in Dublin & stopped on our way home to Cork in Abbeyleix Manor Hotel for our lunch.
This is a Superior looking hotel & it lives up to it's image!
We both had a different Chicken dish each & both were Gorgeous,Fresh & Filling!
This is a Beautiful Hotel with a very warm & relaxing atmosphere...A Must for "Your Bucket List"!!!

Room Tip: A Must Visit For Lunch (at least) To Your Bucket-List ;)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Estelle N,

Thank you for your lovely review and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your meal with us.

Kate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeyleix
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,725 reviews
Roundwood House
Roundwood House
#1 of 1 in Mountrath

Been to Abbeyleix Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!