“Excellent Service...”

Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abbeyleix
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had a function in The Manor last week. Food was excellent. Service was wonderful - bar & waiting staff. Manager Kate was pleasure to deal with. Nice extra touches... Definitely will book next party there. Thank you for making it a wonderful day.

• Stayed: July 2013
Kate I, Manager at Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Nathalie D,

Thank you for your review and I am really pleased that you and your family enjoyed your meal with us.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

10 nights in Ireland, this was my least favorite lodging. You can't control the temperature in your room. Plumbing is atrocious. Cleanliness, meh. On the other hand, it's cheap. The best part is the two ladies that were behind the desk. The one that greeted us at night and the one that said goodbye in the morning were just full of conversation, ideas, willing to help, and kind.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Steveage,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but I am pleased that you found our reception staff welcoming. I hope that you were able to speak with them during your stay about your accommodation.

Thank you again for your review and we really appreciate all comments and feedback from all of our guests.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

i stayed for 2 nights and had a very pleasant time and the staff were helpful ,the rooms were top notch ,the food was great i will be going back again pretty soon ,not a bad thing to say about the hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ian M

Dear Ian M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was travelling with a group of young drama students & some parents back from lion king in Dublin . We wanted to stop for dinner at a reasonable rate which was also safe for the group. The Manor Abbeyleix fulfilled everything !! A fantastic meal excellent value, and very friendly helpful staff . Everyone was v impressed . I just want to say a big thank u and we will be back !

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear CorkDots,

Thank you for your lovely review and we are all really pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

fab little town with 3 cosy pubs and 2 top notch restaurants,, the hotel itself is situated about 5mins walk from the town ..bar is lovely , unfortunately the restaurant was closed due to the feis,, our room was very disappointing ,, filthy carpet , punch hole in the wall ,, but on the brighter side the bed was really comfy and clean , and the room was well heated ,i did complain while checking out and was given a complimentary voucher for breakfast for 2, the receptionist was apologetic and said " yes sorry room ?? is one of our worst "" ,, but other than that i can recommend the area and hotel , and i will return .

Room Tip: dont judge the rooms by the pictures advertised , if your booking a standard double room @€79 then d...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 901lenny

Dear 901lenny,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to see you spoke with our receptionist before you checked out and that she apologised to you at the time. I am glad that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay with us at the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here overnight on a business trip and have to say from outside it looks good, its in a good location being not far from the pretty town of Abbeyleix.
The staff are polite and friendly but the interior does look tired from reception through to the bar restaurant. The ballroom is the exception to this and is nice.
The bedrooms were a bit tatty and had nothing to note in a positive way,looked barren!
The breakfast was ok but quite oily, a reasonable portion with overdone egg and very thin black pudding!
I wouldn't stay here again and certainly wouldn't bring my wife, I'm sure there would be better places near at hand.
If you book out after 1200 there's a 10 euro PER HOUR charge.....

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank John T

Dear John T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we appreciate all of our guests comments and feedback. I'm glad that you found our staff friendly and I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy the rest of your stay. Our late check out charge only applies to guests who check out late without prior arrangement, so if you needed to stay later, and we could accommodate it, there would be no charge. Our bedrooms are currently being refurbished, so I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My mother & I shared a twin room - a bargain for less than €60 on a Saturday night. The hotel was clean and very warm (too warm probably - we slept with the window open all night -in April! In Ireland!). We enjoyed a dinner in the 'restaurant' downstairs. It is a strange set up, a lovely lounge, a nice conservatory area and the 'restaurant' set up in a reception room with the bar. the acoustics are poor so it sounds noisy but the food tasted fantastic! We would recommend their steaks, burgers, curries and deserts. Unfortunately their service let them down where we were left sitting a little while, it needs a manager for the food service area. Overall the stay was right for our needs - with a nice room in the 'new' part where the conference centre is. Abbeyleix is a small town - check out Morriseys bar and St.Brigids church is beautiful. Also Brambles cafe/shop.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 'new' part, near the conference centre.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Kate I, Director of Sales at Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Mexic07

Thanks for writing a review and I’m glad that you have enjoyed your meal with us. Thanks for letting us know about waiting and I have passed on your comments to our Bar and Restaurant team. I hope you were able to let a member of staff know about the heating being too hot in your room as this would be easily sorted out. Thanks again for taking the time to put up a review and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kate

Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeyleix
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 5 in Carlow
O'Loughlin's Hotel
O'Loughlin's Hotel
#4 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to Abbeyleix Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!