“A Surprise Find in Abbeyleix!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McEvoys

McEvoys
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Abbeyleix
Cuisines: Irish, European, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kilkenny, Ireland
“A Surprise Find in Abbeyleix!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Last weekend I had some friends down to stay in Laois and we were looking for somewhere nice to eat in Abbeyleix. After consulting tripadvisor we decided in McEvoys and I am delighted to say we made an excellent choice!

The location is ideal, easy to find and plenty of space to park as the town is very quiet in the evenings when the restaurant opens. Inside the decor is cosy and modern.

We arrived early for our reservation, but we were delighted to find that we could be seated right away.

They menu had a great variety and my friend chose the rib eye steak, while my other friend and I had the burger.

The food itself was beautiful, portion size was perfect and the presentation was just right!

My friends had wine with their meals and they were quite pleased with their choice.

Service was very prompt, friendly and attentive. The prices were extremely reasonable and I could not fault the place at all.

I will definitely be back again and I will certainly recommend it to my friends and family!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pop1985

Abbeyleix, Ireland
“Excellent service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Always a good experience, exceptional service and a broad menu. The food is always good and I'm always pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it is.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Longford, Ireland
“hmmm ,, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

quaint and great value dining,2 course meal approx € 45 , great service very friendly staff ,, highly recommend

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Lovely restaurant with exceptional food. We walked in without a reservation and had a wonderful table, excellent service and a great meal!

1 Thank DianaMcG327
Roscrea
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We had our daughters first holy communion lunch in McEvoys. Everything from start to finish was fantastic. A huge thanks to Simon and Leonna and all the staff. Everybody had a great time. We will be back soon.

1 Thank Wayne L