“Full of class”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

All I can say is the food, service and price are absolutely top notch, can't say one bad thing about this place except maybe for not ordering enough mirangue :) ....gorgeous. Well done Mac's.

1  Thank jbobj

Reviewed November 4, 2012

All I can say about this restaurant is: It's a pity it's not in Cork - I live there and with the quality and value and everything else I could actually eat there 2 or 3 times a week. If it has a fault it's probably on a Saturday night they were "run off their feet" Good I suppose considering the recession. Maybe they should increase their prices ever so slightly.
Anne served our table and she really should be in the P.R. business she was that friendly and professional. Thanks Mac's!!

1  Thank Lovegoogfood
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had heard a lot about Mac's Steak and Wine Bar so decided to try it out with a group of my friends.

Firstly the service on the night was absoluely superb. All the staff were extremely friendly efficient and in particular the person who looked after our group Simon. He was fantastic and while looking after our table always made the time for other customers coming and going from the restaurant.

The food was superb, from starters to desserts. I tried the caesar salad, which I can only say was excellent. I ordered a steak for my main course and asked for it to be well done. My steak was just perfect. I decided to have a dessert and was not dissapointed. Great Wine list also. After the meal we sat by the fireside, finished our drinks and then headed home after a truly wonderful night.

The athmosphere was so welcoming and inviting. The background music was just that, in the background and suited everyones taste.

To summarise we found our visit to Mac's Restaurant a very enjoyable experience. Staff very friendly, service excellent and award winning food. It is also competitively priced, which is a huge bonus in this day and age. I would highly recommend this restaurant and would definately be back, sooner rather than later, to this fabulous restaurant.

1  Thank luvfood721
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am a regular visitor to Macs. Love the atmosphere, staff excellent and food delicious. I try not to order the Caesar salad all the time, it is just fabulous. Steaks always the way I order it and desserts scrumptious. Overall I would highly recommend Macs and I am very surprised with the review above(wishiwasamillionaire) gave. He must have been in a different restaurant! "The Waiter" knows exactly what he is doing. Makes you feel welcome without been over the top. As I wrote earlier I am a regular visitor to Macs and would highly recommend this restaurant. Go on try it yourselves and write your own review!

2  Thank Scoobeydo
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed in Castle Durrow County Laois recently (Weekend /Just gone) . What a pleasant surprise. We don't usually eat in the Hotel we stay in simply for a change of scenery. Mac's Steak & Wine Bar, 10 min's from Durrow in Abbeyleix was recommended by the receptionist. I found out afterwards there is a connection. All I can say is if the Hotel and Restaurant were in Kerry, Galway, Kinsale or other highly promoted locations we would have paid twice the price for half the Quality. Don't take my word for it do yourself a favour Visit. You will be amazed.

2  Thank Gayle1965