Cherry Tree Lodge
  • Restaurant
Garvock House Hotel(Dunfermline)
King Malcolm Hotel(Dunfermline)
View Hotel
All reviewspeace and tranquilityhome from homewarm welcometea and coffeeplace to staymarkhostsgardeningaccommodationdunfermlinelabyrinth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Delightful hosts, excellent food, lovely room and exquisite bathroom that was not ensuite but just down the corridor. I did miss not having a television in the room as I like to watch it when on holiday as it makes me drowsy before sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lagain
Mark B, Owner at Cherry Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you again for your kind words. We promise to make it clearer to future guests that a laptop can be made available to view DVDs borrowed from the collection. Glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again. Mark

Reviewed April 3, 2013

For me, the most important thing in a hotel or a restaurant, is the feeling you are "at home", that makes you feel peaceful and comfortable as in your own house. After staying at Cherry Tree Lodge for 3 days with my girlfriend, I can say without remorse that it is the best hotel/B&B I have ever been to. At Cherry Tree Lodge I had exactly that "home" feeling, more than at any other place I have ever been. Mark and Till are welcoming hosts, sharing their house and their best hospitality with you. Above all, they want to make you feel at ease and relaxed, and they got their formula right. Our room was very spacious tastefully furnished, the food was excellent and they even have an amazing "solarium", a room with a massive window and a couch to sit down and enjoy the Sun as it sets over the mountains in the background. I am definitely looking forward to the next time I will go there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Mark & Till are such wonderful hosts... everything is perfect! Home cooked meals & treats, fires, located on a farm, splendid garden, simple but luxurious bedrooms with wonderful views.
We dined at home one night & spent a wonderful evening with our hosta & 3 other guests - the meal & the company were excellent!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Last August we spent 3 peaceful days in Marc´s and Till´s lovely lodge. The rooms were clean, spacious and tastefully furnished. The caring hosts prepared a marvellous breakfast with fresh ingredients from their garden. Marc fulfilled every wish and was very flexibel concerning our late arrival and departure times. Cherry Tree Lodge is a real find. We are looking forward to staying there again when we will be in Scotland the next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Cherry Tree Lodge is a beautiful home which Mark and Till open up to guests and in which they share their warm open hearted hospitality. The views from virtually every window in the house are superb and you can't help but relax not only in the surroundings but also in the company of Mark and Till.
I joined them fo a delicious and healthy 3 course dinner and Mark made a delicious healthy breakfast the next morning before sending me on my way with fresh eggs and home made flapjacks.
My bedroom was large and spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. The bed linen and towels were all of a very good quality too.
Basically, there is nothing to fault at all here...its a place for people who want to come and find a bit of peace for a time, run by 2 of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business