All reviews kite school margerita spanish dishes fresh breeze deck chairs outdoor shower the owner sri lanka learn how rice and curry interesting people amazing place spent a week boat trip recommend this place tuna good vibes
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2019

I have spent 4 nights in Margarita Village kite school and it has been one of the best experiences I had in Sri Lanka. All the Margarita´s team is very nice and friendly and the kitesurfing instructors are very professional. I always felt very safe as they always were caring about my safety in the water. I arrived as a completely kitesurfer beginner and ended up riging both sides right and left. The rooms in the kite camp are clean and very spacious, with an outdoor shower and indoor garden! . I was alone in the room but my bungalow had space for 4 people at least. I am really happy I ended up in this kite school, for me the best kite school in Sri Lanka! Thank you guys and hope to see u again soon

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019

This is such a lovely place with a beautiful soul and beautiful people who run this place. I liked that it was very related to nature, the chalets are open and animals are around. I also liked the spirit of the place a lot. It has a wonderful atmosphere because the staff is super friendly and attentive. You can relax at this place or/ and take advantage of very good kite lessons. I took the lessons and I couldn't be happier with the instructiors and the organisation. They bring you to the beach with all the equipment and take you back, they give individual, funny and professonal lessons and you just feel super safe and understood by the instructors. They serve you super fresh and super good food (BEST FOOD I HAD IN SRI LANKA) and they are really happy to help the guest where they can, to have a chat with them and to make their time even more beautiful. This was the best place I experienced within travelling for one month in Sri Lanka. Stutti

Room tip: The chaltes are the best
Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at Margarita as a family with 3 young children. We were provided with basic spacious accommodation which sleapt us all comfortably. We were very well looked after by Ruben and the team. They did all they could for us to help us manage the kids and get out kitesurfing. The food was delicious! The kite truck to the beach was also a great service. We could load our gear up in the morning and then Tuc Tuc to the beach when it suited us.

The camp has a very homely feel and you are made to feel very welcome. I would recommend the camp to anyone visiting the area.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2019

I had such a lovely time in Kalpitiya. I came here for my last 7 days and couldn’t expect a better place to end my trip.

The two owners (Rùben and Eusebi) were so kind, helpful and welcoming. Rùben gave me all the tips to reach easily their place by bus and when I arrived at Margarita (Lagoon) Eusebi made me feel straight away like home.

I stayed in one of the four houses which have all the comfort needed. It’s very clean and neat, each room has a mosquito net, fan and shelves to put your personal belongings. I mostly liked the bathroom open ceiling where you can look at the moon/stars while having a shower. There’s a line outside to dry your clothes and a private little terrasse with two deck chairs and a hammock. The area around looks nice and green with banana trees, flowers and you can see chicken, cats and dogs wandering around the garden.

I really loved the atmosphere of the two places (Margarita Village and Margarita Lagoon). Margarita is a chill place which attracts interesting people from all over the world and who are like minded. You will never feel alone, there’s always someone to have a drink with, chat, play chess or guitar. Once a week they do barbecue and pizza. I had the chance to taste Eusebi’s yummy pizza and I will have to come back to try the BBQ !

I also took kitesurfing lessons. Ken was my teacher during two days. I felt secure and he explained everything very clearly. He was calm and attentive, going step by step. He made me do all exercices : managing the wing, body dragging, water start, etc…
I couldn’t believe how fast he managed to get me to a descent level. You will definitely leave the lagoon with a big-big smile on your face !

I can only highly recommend to stay there and try kitesurfing (at least for two weeks if you can). You will see how difficult it is to leave this amazing place and people !

Big up and thank you to all, hope to see you again very soon !

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Ruben187497, Owner at Margarita Village Kalpitiya Kite School, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Oh my God Zoe! Thank you very much for this review! It´s being just a week that you left and and we are missing you so much ! Ruben

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

My experience at Margarita was amazing. I spent a week with the objective of learning Kite Surf.

What I found was the most amazing group of travelers coming from all over the world, both couples and solo travelers. You share your entire day with this people... breakfast, lunch at the beach, dinner (the BBQ was excellent!). We had nice darts competitions at night and also Yoga to start the day, thanks Ingrid for being an amazing teacher!

Kalpitiya is a Kite Surf place, so expect to be in a “Kite mood” all day long meaning wind will determine how your day goes.

Rubén and Eusebi, the owners of Margarita, and the other instructors Mireia, Mario and Ken are an amazing team of friends. You’ll have fun, you’ll learn, you’ll want to go back once your holidays are over.

The resort has the basic needs, don’t expect fancy facilities but you’ll quickly realize you actually don’t need that as it is part of the whole experience and will make your stay more enjoyable. The place is built keeping the local feel, you are actually part of the small town.

If you go for a walk you’ll meet smiley locals everywhere and all sorts of farm animals. If you decide to drive around (on a motorbike), they will help with the booking and advice on good restaurants in the area.

Thanks MKS!!!