Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Stacey C
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Margarita kite school kalpitiya

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 29, 2019via mobile
I came to Kalpitiya on a short sola trip to learn how to Kitesurf. I did the 9hour course that they offer which was spread over three days. I was a little anxious at starting but there was really no need to be. The team of instructors were all so friendly, chilled and professional, I knew I was in safe hands! My instructor was called Mirella and she was amazing! So patient and knowledgeable. She will teach you everything you need to know from the beginning and make it fun!

During my time at Kalpitiya I stayed at margarita lagoon which was a treat.
The cabanas were clean and equipped with a mosquito net and a fan. The outdoor shower is really cool and I especially liked the hammock which is outside each cabana. Also each cabana has outdoor seating deck chairs as well as a clothes line for hanging your wetsuits, towels etc.
The breakfast each morning was delicious with fresh fruit and a smoothie always included.
If you are into Yoga, the team will organize a yoga instructor onsite.
Every evening dinner is prepared around 7 with a variety of foods and local dishes, even a BBQ.
Overall it’s such a great place, very friendly and relaxed atmosphere with good people around. I would 100% recommend. I was sad to leave after the 3days but will be back again!
Trip type: Traveled solo
  • Expedia.com
  • Tripadvisor
0.9 miles from Margarita Village Kalpitiya Kite School
Pool
Ocean view beach resort ,,,paradise in the sun,sand,sea,
$28
    • Booking.com
    7.5 miles from Margarita Village Kalpitiya Kite School
    Pool
    View more hotels in Kalpitiya
    See what travelers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed January 27, 2019

We spent three nights in Margarita Village and we really enjoyed it. The cabanas are super cozy and you always can enjoy a fresh breeze during the night, so sleeping is just awesome. The cabanas offer a nice natural shower and bathroom.

The FOOD is just amazing. Every night we were offered delicious local food like rice and curry or kottu. Sometimes we also had sri lankan pasta or a wonderful big fish and seafood barbecue with lots of great grilled vegetables.

The area around the kiteschool and Margarita Villag is still very rural, which is what we really loved!! We had the opportunity to get in touch with a lot of the local people, who were so friendly and interested in us. Ruben and his friendily and welcoming stuff took care of all our needs. They arragend a scooter and bike rental and a transfer to the airport. Furthermore they arranged a day trip to Wilpattu Nationalparc and a boattrip to go dolphin watching.

The kiteschool was just wonderful. We already knew how to kite and just needed some supervision in the beginning. The school offers a lot of kites in different sizes, bsides you get bars, harnesses and booties. For those who prefer more safety the school also provides swimmingwests and helmets. The instructor are ver friendly, funny and warmhearted people. We had a great time and really recommend this place!

Room tip: The cabanas are great and provide a lot of fresh air during the night.
    • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

I took my first kitesurfing lessons two weeks ago in Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka.I started as a complete beginner, nervous but at same time really excited, encouraged by my friends which are advanced kiters. Eusebi is a very aknowledge instructor who helped me learn kitesurfing, had a lot of patience and explained me all i needed to know in order to learn how to kite. We had a rapidly progress and after just a few days i was ready for water start, a very exciting moment. Kite surfing isn t an easy sport but with the right intructor i think you can learn fast and really enjoy the beauty and the adrenaline dosis that this extreme sport has to offer. You just have to be gentle and respectful, as Eusebi told me " be nice with the kite, and the kite will treat you nice". Thank you Margarita School for the introduction in this amazing kite world!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
    Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

Amazing school to learn to kitesurfing!totally recomended thanks to Ruben I was able to stand Up in 3 days. The spot in Kalpitiya lagoon is great for learning: flat and shallow water- safety boat. If you come to Kalpitiya to learn Kitesurfing this is the place!!
    Best kitesurfing holidays during the windy season-kity season in KAlpitiya Sri Lanka

Trip type: Traveled with friends
    Reviewed January 3, 2019

After having spent 4 dais in Margarita Village I found this place incredible! The cabanas are wonderful and the teachers amazing. Such a good vibes in this place!! Very social and friendly admosphere. Thank you all guys especially to Eusebi for the kite lessons and to regards to the rest of the team: Mario,Mirella and Ruben. I will come back for sure!

Date of stay: December 2018
    • Trip type: Traveled with friends
    Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and me visited Margarita village for three days. My girlfriend stayed here already two weeks earlier for 7 days and also loved it (she convinced me to come again)!

Great staff (really they are amazing!) And kite instructors. I took two lessons (wanted to take more, but there was too less wind). We will for sure come back to this place!

There are some animals around, whom are so much fun, especially the puppy Mo and Tommy!

Dinners at the place are also really good and prepared by the local staff. Great variety, pasta's, spanish dishes and sri lankan cuisine

Date of stay: September 2018
    Trip type: Traveled as a couple