eDreams
AnnaKup123

Kitesurfing in Kalpitiya! Best kitesurfingschool in Sri Lanka!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 27, 2019
We spent three nights in Margarita Village and we really enjoyed it. The cabanas are super cozy and you always can enjoy a fresh breeze during the night, so sleeping is just awesome. The cabanas offer a nice natural shower and bathroom.

The FOOD is just amazing. Every night we were offered delicious local food like rice and curry or kottu. Sometimes we also had sri lankan pasta or a wonderful big fish and seafood barbecue with lots of great grilled vegetables.

The area around the kiteschool and Margarita Villag is still very rural, which is what we really loved!! We had the opportunity to get in touch with a lot of the local people, who were so friendly and interested in us. Ruben and his friendily and welcoming stuff took care of all our needs. They arragend a scooter and bike rental and a transfer to the airport. Furthermore they arranged a day trip to Wilpattu Nationalparc and a boattrip to go dolphin watching.

The kiteschool was just wonderful. We already knew how to kite and just needed some supervision in the beginning. The school offers a lot of kites in different sizes, bsides you get bars, harnesses and booties. For those who prefer more safety the school also provides swimmingwests and helmets. The instructor are ver friendly, funny and warmhearted people. We had a great time and really recommend this place!
Date of stay: January 2019
Room Tip: The cabanas are great and provide a lot of fresh air during the night.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Pool
1.6 miles from Margarita Village Kalpitiya Kite School
Restaurant
View more hotels in Kalpitiya
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

I took my first kitesurfing lessons two weeks ago in Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka.I started as a complete beginner, nervous but at same time really excited, encouraged by my friends which are advanced kiters. Eusebi is a very aknowledge instructor who helped me learn kitesurfing, had a lot of patience and explained me all i needed to know in order to learn how to kite. We had a rapidly progress and after just a few days i was ready for water start, a very exciting moment. Kite surfing isn t an easy sport but with the right intructor i think you can learn fast and really enjoy the beauty and the adrenaline dosis that this extreme sport has to offer. You just have to be gentle and respectful, as Eusebi told me " be nice with the kite, and the kite will treat you nice". Thank you Margarita School for the introduction in this amazing kite world!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

Amazing school to learn to kitesurfing!totally recomended thanks to Ruben I was able to stand Up in 3 days. The spot in Kalpitiya lagoon is great for learning: flat and shallow water- safety boat. If you come to Kalpitiya to learn Kitesurfing this is the place!!
Best kitesurfing holidays during the windy season-kity season in KAlpitiya Sri Lanka

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2019

After having spent 4 dais in Margarita Village I found this place incredible! The cabanas are wonderful and the teachers amazing. Such a good vibes in this place!! Very social and friendly admosphere. Thank you all guys especially to Eusebi for the kite lessons and to regards to the rest of the team: Mario,Mirella and Ruben. I will come back for sure!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and me visited Margarita village for three days. My girlfriend stayed here already two weeks earlier for 7 days and also loved it (she convinced me to come again)!

Great staff (really they are amazing!) And kite instructors. I took two lessons (wanted to take more, but there was too less wind). We will for sure come back to this place!

There are some animals around, whom are so much fun, especially the puppy Mo and Tommy!

Dinners at the place are also really good and prepared by the local staff. Great variety, pasta's, spanish dishes and sri lankan cuisine

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2018

This review comes late, but I simply need to share with all how great it was! The rooms are simple, but big and clean. With fan and mosquito nets.
I loved the bathrooms with the open shower!
The staff was always very helpful arranging tuktuk, offering us good deals on kite lessons and we could use their hut on the beach for kitesurfing. We were helped to rent a tuktuk that we used to drive around and explore the area.
The dinner was delicious, especially the fresh fish!
I would really recommend this place over the big and bully-ish resorts.
We will come again!

Room tip: each room is unique
Date of stay: December 2017