1,206 results
All reviewswedding venuewedding breakfastwedding receptiongroupon vouchermaster suitespa facilitieslovely hotelsecret escapessteam roomevening mealrelaxing breakfour poster bednight breakrelaxation roommy partnerno liftfollowing morning
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Fantastic setting although not a walkable distance from Chester set in lovley grounds and gardens must have been iniatlly a grand old hall with loads of add on bulidings . staff really freindly and helpfull. Room rate very resonable and the rooms are very clean and large with all mod cons...Food excellent. proper sized swimming pool, out dated gym equiment and some excercise machines dirty( look at cycle machines) stopped here on business for 1 night the hotel is very quite with more staff about than guests but i really enjoyed the stay...somethging different.

Room Tip: room 33 outside balconcy included.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you 'really enjoyed' your stay with us.

Thank you for commenting on 'staff really freindly and helpfull. Room rate very resonable and the rooms are very clean and large with all mod cons...Food excellent. proper sized swimming pool'

With regards to your comments regarding the gym equiment we can assure you that we will look into this matter as the machines do get cleaned daily.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We held my mother's 70th birthday at Rowton last sunday and I have to say the hotel, food and staff were fantastic. The whole event was well managed and well staffed and they couldn't do enough for us.

I can not fault the hotel in any way, they really made my mother feel very special and were very attentive to all of the guests.

What made it even more special for me was that this is the only hotel in the UK that actually sits on a battlefield. In the very grounds of this hotel, the Battle of Rowton Moor was fought during the English Civil War in 1645.

So, I highly recommend this venue for any type of function as it more than ticked all of the boxes for me and my mum.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Edabrams
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

What a fantastic review and we are delighted that you mother had a great 70th birthday with us.

Thank you for your comments 'I have to say the hotel, food and staff were fantastic. The whole event was well managed and well staffed and they couldn't do enough for us. Whilst the staff are relatively young, I found them to be polite, hard working and very efficient. The food was amazing with great variety and more than enough to go around. We had a table of children at the event and the staff made sure that they were fed, watered and looked after all of the time which took a lot of pressure of us mum's and dad's.'

We are glad that we 'made your mother feel very special and were very attentive to all of the guests.'

I hope other reviewers will acknowledge your 'I highly recommend this venue for any type of function as it more than ticked all of the boxes for me and my mum.'

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had a wonderful wedding reception and evening do, the service and food was good. However we were allocated room 16 on the 2nd floor and the first thing that hit us was a musty smell in the room and the cold temperature. We phoned reception about the lack of any heat from the bedroom radiator they said they would check it out and if they did, it was never fixed as it proved to be a cold night experience. They did not even come back to us to keep us informed what, if anything, had been done.

When pulling the bed covers back in the morning the mattress was exposed and to our disgust it had a very large unsightly stain and was very off putting to know we had slept on it.

Reporting these to the receptionist at checkout did not give us confidence that our issues would be addressed - So if you are allocated room 16 be advised to check these issues have been rectified before unpacking.

Room Tip: Be careful if allocated room 16
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
074, Owner at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments regarding the wedding.

With regards to the mattress this has been cleaned with immediate affect, I think that it is important to mention that all of our mattresses have a hygienic cover and memory foam mattress topper between the bottom sheet and the mattress.

I can give you no explanation as to why the radiator had been turned off, however I am pleased to report that when switching the radiator on it worked fine.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

What a FANTASTIC venue My Daughter and now Son in-law picked for their wedding, Can't think of a single complaint, Yes a lot of people have already said the bedrooms can get very warm which is true but you can ask for a large fan which made a massive difference, It's an old building and these things are expected!
The building and grounds are gorgeous again it's a period building and you have to keep that in mind,
The staff are ALL really good at their jobs so professional yet warm and friendly, I can't speak highly enough of them,
We booked the whole hotel for the wedding which i'd definitely recommend, The food is excellent and nothing was to much trouble, You asked they delivered!
I would like to say as a none drinker i would have preferred canned sort drinks so they could be kept chilled better but other than that it was all first class, Just sad it's all over!

Room Tip: The Rooms are all very different but you can look at them on line, some have amazing views of the gardens
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

What an amazing review and we are delighted that you found the hotel 'a FANTASTIC venue'

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth review and for all your wonderful comments. We hope any future bride and grooms reading this will find your comments useful.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back to Rowton Hall very soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hotel is in a lovely building and so looks the part. The room was very large and very well furnished. No iron and ironing board which always puzzles me but these were available from reception. Superficial issues with the decorations in the room and no lift to the second floor were slight downsides. However, it was comfortable and not overly expensive for the facilities. One point to note, I got a cheaper price by emailing the hotel directly than I would have got through any of the last minute hotel booking sites. Staff were friendly and efficient. I am not sure that I would rave about it but it was not a bad place to stay for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your email and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the not too distant future.