“Simply the Best”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Veleso
Melbourne, Florida
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I have visited and stayed at Albergo Bellavista several times dating back to 2004, most recently June 2008, and my fiancee and I are booked for a portion of our honeymoon in Sept. 2010. This is simply the most welcoming hotel/restaurant I have found during my six visits to the Lake Como area. The area between Lecco(SE), Como(SW) and Bellagio(N) is referred to as the 'triangularo lariano'...beautiful triangle...and Bella Vista sits virtually on top of the center. If you love superb food, playing Bocci, wonderful company and adventure...this is your spot. Surprisingly affordable, the food is great, rooms are picturesque and the people of the small village of Veleso (all of whom you will eventually meet) are lovely. The potential hiking destinations are beyond description. Be prepared for some challenges, this aint your Mothers' stay at 'The Plaza'...you need resolve to locate it and a sense of adventure to make the drive. Tell them Richardo Roccon sent you, if you are reasonably active, physically and spiritually fit...you will return many times. I am not including photographs, you should visit and take your own...the views are beyond belief. Try learning to speak some Italian before you visit.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed at l'albergo twice in the summer of 2009. I was touring with two different groups of friends showing them Lake Como. To get there you drive 8km up this beautiful drive past a place of worship tucked in a natural grotto. You can't help but stop and rest there and ponder. After hairpin turns you reach the hotel. It is also the bar where the locals from that small town come and play 'baci'. The deck has a panoramic view of high above 'Lago di Como'. The rooms are modest, and very well kept with modern bathrooms. I think every room in the hotel has 'the view' with a small balcony. The restaurant has fabulous food. I tried something new every night and was never disappointed. The breakfast had many choices. Marina, Doro and their son were always available to assist us with smiles. But the final gem of a surprise was that the church bells played 'Ave Maria' in the morning. How much better does anything get than that? I plan on returning this summer with my husband. Did I mention that the price was sooooo much less than anything on the lake? Thank you again, Marina e Doro..... Ci vediamo ancora, Barbara

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
london
Reviewed September 27, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bella Vista in Veleso for the last night of our week long holiday in Lake Como.

The hotel is really lovely. The view is breathtaking. The family who run it are so welcoming and friendly. I highly recomment it, it really is a little gem.

I think the real highlight of our trip and stay was the food. Paulo, who is also great fun, is a truly inspirational chef and the meal he cooked for us on our last day really was the best meal of our lives - we will remember it forever.

The room was fab, great bathroom and view....would really recommend this hotel...we are just home and miss it already!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rachelandstevie
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 27, 2008

I was surprise that I could only find one review of this hotel in tripadvisor. We stayed 3 nights at this hotel (albergo). The hotel is a well-preserved gem. The location is nice, high up in the mountain, we can see some part of Como lake, and we can also see the city of Como from a distance.

The room is standard, cozy, clean, and decorated with wooden materials. We had our own cute balcony with panorama over the lake and mountains. They have wireless internet connection in the restaurant, which is a big plus.

The host, Marina, the old chef, and Paolo, are very friendly and helpful. They are kind, and set the cozy atmosphere in the hotel. We felt being a part of the family right after our first night of stay. Some guests at the hotel are the returning customers that never forget staying at this place.

But most of all, the food is really delicious. We were traveling around Tuscany for 2 weeks before we stayed at this hotel, and none of the food we've eaten during that two weeks, can be compare to Paolo's or the old chef's dishes. The food was not only superb tasting, it's presented impeccably, and was finely made.

The only drawback of the hotel is the small bathroom with noisy fan, but it's minor compare to everything we've got.

Best value for money, superb food, and great view. We will definitely return to this place again. We highly recommend this place to anyone, both for the hotel and the restaurant.

• Liked — the host family, the service, the food
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
rotterdam
Reviewed October 4, 2006

Should be a bit a mountaineer, Veleso already high, the hotel on top, rooms on the stairs. But if you're there you'll enjoy the sunsetting views, the delicious food (go for various antipasti) served by the lovely people with whom you speak your best Italian on the huge terrace either outside or under roof; matras o.k. diagrid could be renewed, just acceptable; fourty euro single. Was there end September, in summer it must be paradise!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Veleso
Albergo Ristorante La Torre
#24 of 32 in Como
Hotel Il Perlo Panorama
Hotel Il Perlo Panorama
#2 of 16 in Bellagio

Been to Ristorante Albergo Bellavista? Share your experiences!