$75
6,836 results
All reviewsle jardinplum treebanana boatsunset loungewater sportscalypso catadult pooljoy's cruisehilltop poolpalms buffetjoy cruiserum barjoys cruiseschoc baywater skiingtennis courtskids club
Reviewed January 24, 2005

We stayed at St James's club for one week in August 2004 for our honeymoon. We had the most lovely, relaxing week ever! The staff were overall very friendly (perhaps a couple of the barmen were TOO friendly). The room was quite basic but nice and it had a real caribbean atmosphere about it. I have seen nicer beaches in the Caribbean but it was relaxing and quiet and the weather was superb.
The facilities ranged from average to Outstanding. The Palm Grill and tradewinds were basic but had a variety of food. Nicole's restaurant was fantastic and well worth the small supplement we had to pay. We also had a romance dinner one night where a chef cooked for my husband and I in the wedding gazebo - the food and view was fantastic - the highlight of my holiday.
Pierre's hideaway was a great place to go and drink a few cocktails whilst watching the sun go down - simply magical. Out honeymoon was fantastic, we were so chilled out that we were in bed asleep by 11 each night. Couldn't have wished for a better hotel or more beautiful island, just wish we could have stayed for a fortnight.

7  Thank Amber F
Reviewed December 29, 2004

I stayed here for 6 nights in October 2004. My friend and I wanted our own beds and the front desk was more than happy to accomodate us. We did have to wait an hour for a room to be made up but the staff offered us refreshing cocktails and led us to the beach.

The resort itself is beautiful. There is an all adults pool. This must be the best place on the resort. It was never that crowded and practically empty in the early morning. The main pool filled up quickly and once the group vacationers came around it was packed.

The beach is steps away. The water is not the water you expect for the Caribbean. The water is murky and the beach is not very big. But besides that its still a beautiful part of the resort.

I had a massage near the main pool. It was great. Its not 100% private but if you have it done early in the AM no many people are around. It is so relaxing because your outside and you hear the waves crashing onto the beach. I wish I was there now! I also visited the spa. I wouldn't call it a spa. It is a very small room converted to a spa. I had several services done. The pedicure was the best. You get to lie down as they work on your pedicure. I almost feel asleep.

The food was good. We mostly ate at Tradewinds. But we did pay extra for one night at Nicole's. This restaurant was excellent. I highly recommend taking a break from the buffets and try out Nicole's.

The room was a good size with a balcony. The AC worked perfectly and the rooms were cleaned and attended to efficiently.

I highly recommend the excursion company located on the beach. I can't remember the company name but you leave in the early AM by boat and cruise along the coast. You stop at the botanical gardens, Toraille waterfall, see Marigot Bay where Dr Dolittle was filmed, snorkel, visit the volcano, and have a homemade Creole lunch on the beach. The ride along the coast is beautiful. For around 65 USD you get lunch, beer and a great way to tour St Lucia.

The only negative review I have is the nightly entertainment. It was nothing special. We turned in early most nights.

Overall is this an above average resort. You will definitely enjoy yourself and have a relaxing vacation.

6  Thank Mgh1209
Reviewed December 15, 2004

We just returned from our first visit to the caribbean, Dec 6-13, where we stayed at the St. James Club. Everything was as advertised and we were very satisfied with the resort and the service was excellent. Food was good but not gourmet, but we always found something good to eat. This seemed to be an off time for the island and resort and we got a great deal. There was only 40% occupancy so we recieved lots of attention. The resort was well maintained and beautiful. Took a jeep tour into the rainforest and this was excellent, and did Joys tour to the Pitons etc. and this was also very good. Overall our vacation was extremely good. The local people were all very nice. Did not have a single beggar ask for money, unlike other places that I have read about. I would be happy to answer any questions about the resort or the Island if I can.

8  Thank Tom
Reviewed December 7, 2004

Have just returned from a two week holiday at St James Club and have nothing but praise for the Hotel, the Staff, The rooms and amenitiies.
The all inclusive package is definately the best we have ever had on 5 other Caribbean Islands. The grounds of the hotel are beautifully kept and are a credit to the Gardening team. The Restaurants are well served by all the staff and have a plentifull supply of all the available food. The waiting staff don't usually have to be reminded to top up water or wine glasses (sometimes not a good thing) The clientel when we were there were very well behaved, we did not witness one case of drunkeness during the holiday. The Monday evening Managers Cocktail party is well worth going to as the staff and management are extremley friendly & hospitable, there is even a chance to win Dinner for two at Nichole's and even a piece of nice jewelery is drawn for. So every week there are two luckey winners. The beach is lovely, not big but more than adequate with plenty of sunloungers, the water is not what you expect of the Caribbean as it has sand particles constantly in it giving it the appearence of very milky chocolate hence the name "choc bay" However it is clean and nice to swim in as well as being lovely & warm. I could go on a lot longer extolling the virtues of St James club it is probably best left by me saying I will recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants a Caribbean experience. My only worry is that the next Island we visit won't be able to match this one.

• Stayed: November 2004
11  Thank DavyP
Reviewed November 23, 2004

Stayed (14 to 21st November 2004) in an ocean view room which was large and spotlessly clean. Tradewinds had a good variety of food and staff throughout the hotel were helpful and friendly. Booked and ate at Palm Grill twice in the week and it was excellent. Swimming pool was not large but was clean and there is now a smaller adults only pool at the rear of the property where the jacuzzi used to be. It is handy for sea trips from Rodney Bay and shops are nearby and at Castries. In summary, I would be happy to stay there again and have no hesitation in recommending it.

5  Thank cag28