6,872 results
All reviewsbanana boatwater sportsjoy's cruisekids poolchoc bayalmond treewater skiingtennis courtssunset barkids clubdays in advancewednesday nightevening entertainmentpaddle boatsgreat holidayaqua aerobicsrum punch
Reviewed December 7, 2004

Have just returned from a two week holiday at St James Club and have nothing but praise for the Hotel, the Staff, The rooms and amenitiies.
The all inclusive package is definately the best we have ever had on 5 other Caribbean Islands. The grounds of the hotel are beautifully kept and are a credit to the Gardening team. The Restaurants are well served by all the staff and have a plentifull supply of all the available food. The waiting staff don't usually have to be reminded to top up water or wine glasses (sometimes not a good thing) The clientel when we were there were very well behaved, we did not witness one case of drunkeness during the holiday. The Monday evening Managers Cocktail party is well worth going to as the staff and management are extremley friendly & hospitable, there is even a chance to win Dinner for two at Nichole's and even a piece of nice jewelery is drawn for. So every week there are two luckey winners. The beach is lovely, not big but more than adequate with plenty of sunloungers, the water is not what you expect of the Caribbean as it has sand particles constantly in it giving it the appearence of very milky chocolate hence the name "choc bay" However it is clean and nice to swim in as well as being lovely & warm. I could go on a lot longer extolling the virtues of St James club it is probably best left by me saying I will recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants a Caribbean experience. My only worry is that the next Island we visit won't be able to match this one.

• Stayed: November 2004
11  Thank DavyP
Reviewed November 23, 2004

Stayed (14 to 21st November 2004) in an ocean view room which was large and spotlessly clean. Tradewinds had a good variety of food and staff throughout the hotel were helpful and friendly. Booked and ate at Palm Grill twice in the week and it was excellent. Swimming pool was not large but was clean and there is now a smaller adults only pool at the rear of the property where the jacuzzi used to be. It is handy for sea trips from Rodney Bay and shops are nearby and at Castries. In summary, I would be happy to stay there again and have no hesitation in recommending it.

5  Thank cag28
Reviewed November 22, 2004

We have just returned from a two week holiday at St James Club, Morgan Bay. I went with my wife and my 5 year old son. We flew with Virgin from Gatwick, and altough it was a drag getting to Gatwick the flight was enjoyable and the staff at Virgin were very polite and professional. We arrived at the resort after the 90 minute journey from the airport, which we enjoyed as it gave a great view of how the island really is, and were greeted by smiling helpful staff and a glass of punch, which was very welcome after the bus journey.
We were taken to our room via buggy and we were pleasantly surprised by the size and condition of the room. We had a king size bed and single bed and there was still enough room to walk around.
As we were there in school terms we were worried that our son may be a little bored, but we needn't have worried. The staff were outstanding. A special mention to Ben (who actually works for a diving company) and Laura who works in the bar.
When we arrived my wife and son went to bed as it had been a long day, and I sat at the Sundowner bar for a drink on my own. The staff made a point of talking to me and making me feel welcome, as I was on my own, which was very typical of all the staff. They also made a point of talking and playing with our son, and all the other children there, and if you are a parent you know that if the kids are happy then you are also.
We found the food in both Tradewinds and the Palm Grill to be excellent with a good choice and variation.
Whilst visiting we went on 3 trips. The Pirate Ship (or Brig Unicorn) was a fantastic day out if you have children. They dress as Pirates and the staff run a treasure hunt for them on the ship. Lunch is included as is a trip to the sulphur springs, which I must admit was a little dissapointing, and the waterfalls, which was very refreshing. We also went Deep Sea fishing which may have been good fun, had we caught any fish, and at $200 US Dollars for just my 5 year old and myself for a four hour trip seemed a little expensive. Then we went Scuba Diving/Snorkelling which we all thoroughly enjoyed. I had never dived before and was struck by the professionalism and expertise of the instructors (we went with Dive Fair Helen Co).
We also met some great people at the resort from all walks of life and from differnet places which also made the trip that more enjoyable. A word of warning if you are travelling to Club Splash, we met around 6 families who had transfered to St James club, from Splash.
All in all we had a superb time and would not hesitate in recommending this resort to anyone. If you are travlling to this resort and have any questions please email me and I will happily answer any questions.

12  Thank Vernoso
Reviewed November 18, 2004

We made our first trip to St. Lucia November 6-13, 2004. The trip to the St. James Club from the airport is about an hour and a half. It goes quickly because the scenery is so beautiful, but if you tend to get car sick, take some dramamine along as it is a very winding road and the drivers don't always use their air-conditioning, so if you're not use to the heat, humidity and lots of movement, you may arrive at the St. James not feeling so great... The nice thing is that immediately upon arriving, they hand you a nice, cold fruit punch and make check-in quick and easy. We had an ocean front deluxe room - very nice, very clean. It's worth the extra $$ to get the ocean front room. Thge facilities are great at the St. James Club. Everything you want is right there. I thought I would use the adult pool but never did as the main pool was never noisy or too crowded. The adult pool has a beautiful view, though, so do check it out. The ocean is nice and warm but wasn't that beautiful turquoise blue that you often see in the Caribbean. We had read this ahead of time, so weren't surprised. The beach is not large, but we never felt crowded and were very comfortable laying under the palm trees where there was always a nice breeze. The drinks were good, but most of the time the food was just "o.k." After a couple of days, you learn what is best to eat. We liked the BBQ night. There are also fine restaurants on the island (Coal Pot is delicious). The entertainment varied - sometimes it was really good and sometimes it was kind of "hokey." The staff are very nice and helpful as were most all St. Lucians we met. We like the location of the hotel and we enjoyed shopping trips into Castries only about 10 minutes away by bus which is only .50 US$ per person one way. We had a good time and I would recommend the St. James Club unless you are a real "foody" then you would probably prefer a non-inclusive resort or the more upscale Sandals Grande.

5  Thank chloe8
Reviewed November 14, 2004

St. James Club and all resorts on the island are 1 and 1/2 hour away from the major airport- if you can, try to fly into Castries airport instead.
We also caught the tail-end of the rainy season which is June -November, so we had 3 out of 5 days of pouring rain. The resort did well planning games and activities through the bad weather.
Staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Our mattress was the only 1 real complaint we had about the hotel. It was like concrete with springs popping out of it everywhere.
The food was good- not great, and there definitely could have been more of a variety. DEFINITELY- try Nicole's for dinner, it incurs a small cost, but definitely one of the best meals of my life!
This is also one of the few resorts i have been to where the alcoholic beverages are not watered down-pretty impressive.
The resort is very family friendly- nightlife is virtually non-existent. There is some nightly entertainment- but going back to the room to watch TV is just a better course of action. Definitely not a singles resort.
It is a quaint, clean, nice resort-located in a Bay- not the ocean. The resort was definitely not at full capacity when we were there. Several weddings took place during the week there- but we only caught glimpses of the brides, the weddings seemed to be separate to ensure privacy.
Water sports were also included in our package, which we found out too late into the vacation, by then the bad weather had set in and the water was too rough for it. There is also no need to take a $10 cab ride into town- it is disappointing. Buy all your souvenirs at the resort instead. The full service spa is very good and affordable.
The adult pool is also a nice quieter area than the main pool.
We had a nice time and would recommend the resort to people in their mid to late 40's. Or younger couples looking for a very quiet area to get away from the world.
My boyfriend is still upset that ESPN wasn't on all the time- so ladies beware if it's football season!!

2  Thank Guide20632