“Discovering true Italian cuisine at a quality price”
Review of La Locomotiva

La Locomotiva
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Typical Italian restaurant located in the center of the town, just a few steps from the sea. Homemade pasta, typical italian starters and good grilled meat are the must of the restaurant. Nice and cozy environment to enjoy good food, wine and live music on the weekend. Are you ready to try?
Saint-Tropez, France
“Discovering true Italian cuisine at a quality price”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Why go to a pizzeria in Italy if you want to understand what true Italian cooking is? Typical Italians don't sit around a table to eat pizza... they enjoy all of the foods and flavors of different antipasti, prima and secondo piatti when enjoying their meals. At La Locomotiva, they have true Italian food, great atmosphere and a quality price. Situated in an alley between two pedestrian streets, I was fortunate enough to stumble upon this little diamond one evening. With a small bar upon entering and two beautifully decorated rooms, this was just the place I was looking for when passing through Arma di Taggia. The staff are friendly and helpful, and even speak English! The menu of five different starters, freshly made pastas and quality grilled meats and fish can suit any appetite. I was told that the starters and pastas change daily depending on what the chef sees fit to serve as he only sells Italian produced foods. Trying delectable frittes, mussels and quiche started my meal with some tasty vino rosso. I must admit, I questioned the ravioli with mint and potatoes served in a creamy onion sauce, but the flavors blended perfectly with the homemade pasta, making it lite and enjoyable on a summer evening. A dessert of the delicious mille foglie with its creamy custard filling was the perfect end to my experience. I spoke with the staff as I finished my coffee and limoncello that was made in-house. They were nice and attentive and made me feel so very welcome on una bella notte in Italy.

• Visited June 2013