Tripadvisor
Umina Beach
Post
Inbox
Search

“Agressive bar tender/manager And techno music at 5pm”
Review of Margarita Daze

Margarita Daze
Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Umina Beach
Cuisines: Mexican, South American, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With one of the best views on the Central Coast Margarita Daze is laid back beach bar that offers a casual dining experience. Great for large groups and families.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Disgusting attitude by the manager behind the bar. Agressive towards my daughter who tried to order a lemonade (yelled at her for trying to come to the bar), after the music became more and more 3am dance vibe (at 5pm on a Tuesday) I suggested a change to a more laid back surf vibe. The man gave me creepy eyes and almost yelled “YOUR OPINION’”. And kept saying that as I even walked off? Revolting, I feel for the staff having to work with him. Toxic.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (141)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had my farewell here last weekend. I cannot fault the wonderful service myself and my guests experienced. I had originally booked the outside deck but the weather on the day was awful with high winds and the deck was closed off. The staff had alternatively set up a long table inside. I was very stressed as guests would be coming and going and I had set my heart on outside. The staff were extremely flexible, patient and supportive, considering I was very flustered. The whole day was just fantastic. Guests We're able to go outside once the weather eased and the staff were extremely accommodating every step of the way. The food was beautiful and the service was so quick. I cannot recommend this place highly enough for a function or simply for a dinner and cocktails with friends.
Thank you so much.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dont regularly complain about a restaurant experience as I work in hospitality myself and understand common struggles... but I would NOT return to Margarita Daze.

Young brunette bartender was rude about remaking and delivering cocktail that they originally stuffed up. Passionfruit margarita was way too strong, drank it because of the price but could not enjoy it.

Staff didn’t seem to know where they were going... walked around with meals to multiple tables to check if it was for the right table.

Food was decent but expected better considering the price.

Location and decor in interior restaurant is nice but thats about all.

If this is regular, then management change might be ideal. Hopefully just caught them on a bad night...?

Reviewed January 9, 2020

We attended a function at Margarita Daze and could not fault it. The location right by the beach was amazing! The staff were very good and the food ordered for our function was very tasty. The only issue I had was that there wasn’t any option of a cocktail with milk, coconut milk or cream in it - not even a Pina Colada! When I asked the bar staff member if there was anything other than all of the non-milky, non-creamy cocktails, I was advised that they don’t serve/make cocktails with milk, cream or even coconut milk in them and that is what THEY like!!! I replied; “so is it what YOU like or what the PAYING CUSTOMER likes”?? I then was left to have to choose a cocktail which I really wasn’t fond of and it came out very warm and stuffed too full of mint leaves and lime/lemons. Please refrain from dictating to the paying customers YOUR/THE ESTABLISHMENT’S preferences. It is what the customer wants ... not you. All I ask for is choice. Thank you.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Lovely spot - outdoor area is perfect to chill out in the sun and have a lovely beer, wine or cocktail. Overlooks the ocean and has a great Sunday vibe.

The food is great - I have been going there for years and never had a long wait.
Every person I have introduced to the spot loves it just as much as I do.

Date of visit: December 2019