“comfortable and convenient”

Ranked #3 of 12 Lower Hutt B&B and Inns
New Zealand
“comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

A well appointed hotel with appropriate facilites for a comfortable stay. Service for dinner was slow (about one hour), but this was probably because we were a large group. The food was good when it arrived.

Room Tip: As for a ground floor room if you don't want to cart you luggage upstairs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Initially I thought this hotel was ok. Warm and comfortable if a little dated. After a terrible nights sleep I woke up with a couple of itchy bites which I thought may have come from a mosquito. However, after I had left it became apparent that it was bed bugs as I continued to develop bites all down the side I had been lying on. These became very inflamed and two weeks later I still have the scars. Had to spend a considerable amount of time and money on treating myself. I did contact the hotel the next day when I got home as I was worried someone else would be bitten. They emailed my back two days later with a very brief email saying they would treat the room. Felt that there was little consideration of what I had had to put up with and would have been nice if they had at least offered to pay for the treatment.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank angusgott

Travelers are raving about these Lower Hutt hotels

Upper Hutt
Reviewed June 9, 2012

HI We have just had a non profit Society AGM at The Angus Inn and it was fantastic !
Every little detail was covered, they did everything perfectly. Staff were wonderfull and everything on their part was top notch. THE FOOD was fantastic and I did not hear a negative comment from those that attended either the AGM or the Dinner the evening.
I can recommend The Angus Inn, to anyone wishing to hold an event in Lower Hutt.
Suzzette and her staff did this Hotel proud - well done

Room Tip: Our room on th south side where the service alley way was VERY quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. It was a bonus having the restaurant on site which provided good meals. Very close to town. The cost of our stay was very reasonable. Good car parking on site.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This Hotel were very friendly and the staff are easy to approach, they went the extra mile to accommodate us with our small children and we have had numerous pleasant stays here. Great location to the shopping centre and walking distance to the hospital.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Would have enjoyed it more if the room had air conditioning. Very nice restaurant and quality food at reasonable prices. Never had breakfast so can't comment.
Hotel is also near very good restaurants in nearby Petone.
It is about a$90.00 cab fare fromWellington Airport, so be careful. It didn't help when I had to read the street directory to the taxi driver who couldn't read or write, but we arrived safe and sound.

• Stayed February 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My husband stayed here while I was in hospital as we are out of towners. I stayed the first night before being admitted to hospital the following day, and we were on the ground floor which was handy to be able to park our car right outside our room doors which opened to the car park. The room was comfortable, roomy and spacious, although abit old and run down looking. The staff were friendly, which is always a bonus, and the shops etc are all within close proximity, with the hospital approximately 10 minutes drive.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms on the carpark side allow you to park your car outside your room, with doors fr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
#8 of 14 in Lower Hutt
Boulcott Lodge
Boulcott Lodge
#2 of 14 in Lower Hutt

Been to Quality Inn Angus? Share your experiences!