“Comfy and Affordable”
Review of Hutt City Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lower Hutt
Hutt City Motel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Lower Hutt
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We travel a lot. We also have a dog that travels with us.
This motel is perfect as there is a leash free area just across the road alongside the river.
Rooms are spacious and clean.
Staff are super friendly and helpful.
Will stay again next time we are in the area.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The women who works here was so friendly and welcoming. The kitchen is well fitted out with everything you need. Spacious two bedroom unit, perfect for families. Just off main road but not noisy. Short car ride to main lower Hutt shopping area and train to Wellington, which is probably a cheaper option than paying for parking in Wellington.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

These are again older units. The main living areas are tidy & comfortable but I thought it would have been good to have had another sofa or lounge chair in the living area. The bathroom & toilet will need to be refitted shortly as they are passed their best by date! Traffic noise was not an issue in our unit (16) - slept like a log! Overall I thought we had value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here during our recent move to Wellington, so it was organised for us by my work. I'll say up front it wouldn't have been somewhere we would have chosen to stay. It is right beside the Hutt Motorway and while they state they have a noise proof fence, it doesn't work.

The hostess was very friendly but seemed to be a bit distracted on all the occassions I delat with her (looking at the other comments I wonder if they had minders in)

However, it was clean, and for a budget motel it was well appointed. The bedding was of good quality and the bed was comfortable, and we were able to have our dog in the room with us. There is easy access to the walking tracks along the Hutt River

We didn't sleep well, due to the road noise, but if you're used to that and are looking for somewhere cheap to stay in the Hutt Valley (about 20 minutes from the ferry terminal) this may be for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had heard about this motel from friends, so stayed a few days as I was in the area. Many other Moteliers could take a leaf out of Bev and Dean's book. They were the most welcoming hosts I have ever come across, and nothing was too much trouble for them..no question went unanswered. My unit was absolutely spotless in every respect, well stocked and extremely comfortable beds ( something I am fussy about ) . It is very obvious that their customer satisfaction is paramount from the time they welcome you to the property, right through to your departure. While the Motel is close to the motorway, its buildings face away from the traffic noise, making it suprisingly quiet. Hutt City Motel is very reasonably priced, excellent value for money, and central to everything..a real gem and highly recommend that if you need accommodation for business or relaxation, then you can't beat this place.. 10/10 Bev and Dean..I will definitely be back

Room Tip: All rooms are well appointed / parking direcly in front of rooms which is great
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Greenlane007
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay. A little dated but still very comfortable. 2 bedroom housed 5 of us comfortably. Right next to motorway but no disturbing noise. Great friendly service. Would happily recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank blenmcc
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed three nights. First day couldn't get the toaster to work, and this was later replaced, but no breakfast. Asked for code for internet access and was told it would be in my room when I returned, which it wasn't and reception was closed. Room was serviced, except for bed being made. Second day room was NOT serviced at all. When I returned in the evening, wet towels were still on the floor, room smelled bad because rubbish not removed. As bed had not been made the previous day, I had made that before going out. Next morning I was woken at 6.30am by guests in rooms around me laughing and yelling out to friends in other rooms before they left for work. Manager/owner told me employees of contractors stayed on a permanent basis at the motel. As my room had not been serviced, I had to collect fresh towels from reception in the morning when they opened. Bed was comfortable, and room was clean when I arrived. Went downhill after that. Could not recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Cannot recommend motel generally.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo