“Perfect location”

Hotel Berghof
Hotel Berghof
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Baumholder
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at this small, boutique hotel for 7 days in December 2012. Very accommodating staff, very friendly and close to the Army garrison, the town and the main roads. The breakfast is typical and the coffee is plentiful We had the Friday "all you can eat" wings with Au gratin potatoes (fabulous), pasta if you wish, lovely salad, bread, and a drink for less that 10 euros... a real bargain...

The staff are most helpful and special thanks to Dieter and all the ladies. The garage was a nice addition for the snowy conditions.

Room Tip: No lift but the staff sill carry your bags up for you.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Connie D

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a small typical German hotel near the American facilities in Baumholder. They take good care of American guests.
The rooms are no-frill, but really, if you just need a place to lay your head, this is it!
Pets allowed. Free parking. Free American AND European breakfast. And most important? Free Wi-Fi that is true high speed.
All for a Great value.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank TheFlyingRadtech
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great place to stay. Underground free parking, super clean room with a modern bathroom. The restaurant has a huge selection. The staff are the most friendly in Germany. I would defiantly stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a couch.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stay in hotel berghof it was avery comfortable clean helpful staff with aresturant and i advice every body to stay in hotel berghof

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Fofoq8
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Baumholder is so small, we were sure that we would be staying somewhere with a community bathroom, tiny rooms, etc.

However, Hotel Berghof had bathrooms in each room that were super super clean with a modern shower. There was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room as well which we didn't find even in the Radisson in downtown Stuttgart. Wi-Fi was also available. It's a very (spoiled) American friendly place.

Free parking was also available under the hotel in a garage, which was a huge relief because there was limited street parking.

The staff was extremely friendly and offered advice on places to eat & see.

The room reminded me of rooms you get in South Beach, Miami in the older buildings. Obviously it's an aged building, but the rooms are modernized & kept immaculately clean. The pictures on their site really don't do it justice.

So happy we found this place!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank lilc035
Reviewed February 17, 2011

My husband and I went to Baumholder, Germany to visit our son in the US Army before his deployment to Afghanistan the 1st week of February. I came across the write up about Hotel Berghof thru tripadvisor. Our experience with the hotel management was beyond our expectation. The staff were really very accomodating and very hospitable. The location is very close to the garrison where our son lives, in fact it is just a walking distance. They treated us like family members. Most of their costumers are soldiers and their families and they made sure that we are comfortable. They recommended places to go while our son was at work and they showed us how to use public transportation the easiest way since we don't speak the language. They told us where to buy groceries and how to navigate the town on foot. I can't thank them enough for the warm reception they've given us. We now have a 2nd home if ever we have to go back to Baumholder.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
17  Thank blrmdncr2
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I've stayed and eaten at Hotel Berghof since 1989 as a teacher with DoD Schools.
Recently though I've had to visit my son in the Army (twice this summer and twice in 2007) and I stayed at the Berghof for weeks at a time.
I chose Hotel Berghof for the location as much as the big american breakfasts (included in the room rate) and the delicous dinners. My son can walk down through the back streets to the hotel.
The rooms are spartan by US terms but they provide a small TV (make sure to scan the channels for AFN) and separate bathrooms with scratchy German towels. ( I bring my own fabric- softened one.) I also bring my own small travel dryer. The all-female staff couldn't be nicer and more accommodating.
I prefer the rooms on the top floor (specifically 303) because of the night air, the view of the rooftops, sunsets and to blow away the occasional cigarette smoke that comes up from the halls below.
These rooms rent for 40 eu. There is no elevator.
Hotel Berghof also has very tasty and inexpensive meals. There's a Tuesday (pizza) and Thursday (pasta) special. My son and ate calzone and a large pizza with salad, cola and 2 glasses of wine for under 30eu.
All in all - the best all-around choice in Baumholder

9  Thank Catstevens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baumholder
Hotel Zum Stern
#1 of 1 in Birkenfeld
No photo provided
Hotel Westrich
#1 of 2 in Baumholder

Been to Hotel Berghof? Share your experiences!