See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2016

Padula is not a place on the international tourist circuit, so it is no surprise that one sees the warmth of old Italy in the town. We were drawn here by the UNESCO world heritage Certosa di San Lorenzo on the edge of town, at the base of the mountain that harbors Padula. The Villa cosilinum looks to be just that, an old villa converted into a hotel that has a nice restaurant. There is free parking about 20 meters down the road (but only about 5 or 6 spots), which is necessary as the Villa is located on a narrow, one way road that takes a while to return to if you miss your target. Our room was solid, but not exceptional. The bathroom was nice and the shower acceptable. There was decoration that made it appear as if there were old mosaics in the room and the hallways. It has an elevator for bags. Sadly, the WiFi was horrible, neither my wife nor I could connect (she with PC, me with Mac). The window was tiny (without a view) and, had to be closed at about 7:30pm when the adjoining restaurant fired up their grill. The smoke, though not visible yielded a very strong aroma. The bed was comfortable. It helped that I got a second pillow, but that was fun as the gentlemen at the front desk had zero english. He also had no real understanding of the wireless. Having said that, he was very nice and gave detailed, but for us incomprehensible, instructions in Italian on things to do in town. It was nice to have a good restaurant on the premises, so we did not need to negotiate the narrow streets at night. While the Grand Hotel across a small road is more convenient to the Certosa, we were glad we stayed here as it gave a more intimate and authentic feel to this quiet Campanese town. In many places this would be somewhere between 3 and 4 stars, but given its location, I think it is definitely worth throwing it into the 4 star category. Given what I saw in the region, especially with the attractive restaurant that served good mozzarella, prosciutto and grilled meats, and this is a place that I would stay again. Also, at 85 euros/night for the room and 80 euros for two for dinner with a nice bottle of wine of the region and it becomes a very good value.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed June 19, 2016

Dined here with all our family from Pacula,
It is one of the most beautiful restaurants I seen while in Italy. The food, the wine and the service were amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Padula to track down her grandmother's birth records. While there, people around the town enthusiastically jumped in to try to help us trace family lineages; and we were able to find her original birth record at the town hall of records. To top off the day, we wanted to have lunch. One of the local residents who had been so welcoming took us to Villa Cosilinum. I don't think they were even open for lunch, but they invited us in for a full three course meal of all local foods and dishes, including wonderful local wine. We can't speak to the rooms, but the dining was wonderful ,and the restaurant setting was beautiful A very special meal and warm hospitality to top off a special trip for my wife. Highly recommended if you find yourself in the area.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank tecrunner
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here just for one night with a group including extended family. The hotel proprietor is an interesting and talented man who has created a warm and culturally interesting place to stay. We also had our meals here and the food was good. Our room was clean and the bathroom was a good size. The service was very good. The best part was enjoying the evening outside in front of the hotel; it seemed the whole village passed by and said hello. Wish our stay was longer.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Our small group stayed one night on this property. The owner is a wonderful guy who has rebuilt this property. He has forced fit a hotel into an old property and it has some good and not so good.

The owner is a great host and has a nice restaurant. The rooms need upgrading. We never felt totally comfortable at night. The bathrooms are very tiny.

With all this said, the stay was still good for our group because it was intimate.

Date of stay: June 2011