“Honeysuckle Cottage is the Best!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballymoney
Honeysuckle Cottage
Ranked #5 of 16 Ballymoney B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I only stayed one night, mores the pity, could/wished it was longer. Valerie is an amazing hostess. Home baked treats, a fantastic breakfast, very friendly, warm and really clean, beautiful room, with walkin closet and fab bathroom.
This is a beautiful home and I felt really sad to leave. Definatly will be back, but for longer next time!
Love, love, loved it!

Room Tip: Any they are all beautiful. I checked them all out, ready for my next visit!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Honeysuckle Cottage

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent one night of a long weekend here, touring the Antrim coastline. Great location for seeing the major sites in the area (Giant's Causeway, Bushmills). The room was quite spacious, clean and even had a walk-in closet. The tea and treats on arrival and the breakfast in the morning were equally impressive. Valerie is an excellent host and cook and I would recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had an absolutely wonderful stay - Valerie is a fantastic host! Beautiful home and rooms - like a 5 star hotel with all the warmth of a home. Excellent baked treats and great advice on places to eat / things to do! I want to take another trip just to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Honeysuckle Cottage, near Portrush and the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland. It is a B & B with a marvelous hostess, Valerie, who cooks everything on her historic (but renovated) Aga! What a treat breakfast was!
Our room was the largest I've ever been in and the closet was enormous, simply wonderful for unloading all of our traveling gear and keeping it out of sight. We were completely comfortable. We stayed only two nights -- wish it could have been more! And we definitely plan to return.
The house is in the country but only 5 minutes from the coast and on lovely grounds. We were not able to explore the property (raining!) but hope we can the next time. The setting is lovely and the house well-built and comfortable. J & R, New Mexico

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent two wonderful days at this B&B in June 2012. It is by far the best we have ever stayed in anywhere, and we have made five trips to Britain and Europe since 2004. The hostess Valerie and her husband Eric are two of the nicest people you could meet. They met us on arrival and carried our bags up to the room, and the well-equipped room had refreshments waiting for us. The home is beautiful, spotlessly clean, and the rooms including the ensuite, and walk-in robe, are the largest we have seen. Valerie's breakfasts are superb. The saddest moment was the parting, we enjoyed our stay so much.
Judy & Stuart Russell, Australia.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

On arrival, we were met by Valerie, our hostess with a cup of tea and such warm friendliness that we knew from the start that we were going to enjoy our five-day stay. The accommodation was clean and comfy, the bedroom large, light and spacious with a modern en suite bathroom with walk-in shower. To add to the sense of luxury, the bedroom had a dressing room attached! Valerie's breakfasts were both generous and delicious. She's a really lovely lady who has found her true vocation!

Alec and Jenny Just, Bucks, UK

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be of equal excellent quality
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at Honeysuckle Cottage for one night in June this year. I would have loved to stay longer. The rooms were spacious, beautifully clean and very comfortable. Valerie is simply a delightful host. I felt like I had met my long lost Irish cousin. If you are planning a visit to the north of Ireland you will do yourself a favour to book at Honeysuckle cottage. I would return tomorrow!

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymoney
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#6 of 28 in Portrush
Rosebank Farm B&B
Rosebank Farm B&B
#12 of 16 in Ballymoney

Been to Honeysuckle Cottage? Share your experiences!