“Lawrence+ Aileen”

Ranked #2 of 16 Ballymoney B&B and Inns
Gorebridge, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lawrence+ Aileen”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

really enjoyed our stay, owners were lovely, they couldn't be anymore helpful, would really recommend it to anyone, breakfast were really good too, really friendly

we were very happy with our holiday!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My original plans fell through so I just walked up to this house and asked for a room. Kenny and Mary were so welcoming and they were sympathetic with my daughter's need for constant wifi so they put us in the room that had the best. The place was very clean and there were little gifts of cookies and other goodies left for us each day. The breakfast was wonderful and served with a smile. I had come down with a cold and Kenny took me to a doctor. How is that for making you feel well cared for? I was traveling with my teenager and wasn't feeling all that competent as I had never been there before. My first four days with Kenny and Mary made me want to just spend the rest of the trip with them!! I will go back :-)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are well furnished and comfortable. The one I stayed in was super because we had o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at Ken-Mar house for week while I was in Ballymoney on a work project. Kenny and Mary were so welcoming, the accommodation was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was superb...it really was a home away from home! I was welcomed by Kenny upon my arrival and showed to my room. It was a nicely decorated bedroom with my own clean and modern bathroom. The room is equipped with a kettle and each day the tea and coffee is restocked along with biscuits or another treat to come home to. You get a wonderful choice of breakfast each morning ranging from fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, etc. to eggs any way you'd like or a full Ulster breakfast. Kenny and Mary are wonderful hosts and I look forward to staying with them again. If you're traveling through the area I more than recommend you make a stop at Ken-Mar B&B!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We recieved a very warm welcome from Kenny and Mary and thoroughly enjoyed the two nights we stayed with them. The room was extremely comfortable and the breakfasts were amazing!! Kenny and Mary gave us very useful advice about which were the best restaurants and the best places to visit locally. We would thoroughly recommend this B&B for anyone who is planning a visit to the scenic Northern Irish coast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lucedale, Mississippi
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have visited several B&B's during our 2 1/2 week trip to Ireland, but so far this one tops them all. Ken and Mary are great hosts the rooms are dustless, perfectly clean, and well dressed. They were more than willing to offer advice and help in anyway they could. Breakfast was also quite good, with nearly a buffet of fresh fruits, cereal, and a hot meal. The Giants Causeway is about 10 miles away, we didn't have a car so we used the buses which get you there and back for about 15£ on the Rambler for both of us and all the attractions return trip as well. After a long day of walking every evening we were greeted by either host or hostess and were able to get in a clean comfy bed and warm shower. No noise or worries, just good people, good conversation and a great stay for the first few nights of our honeymoon.

Room Tip: We stayed in a little apartment near the drive which was great it feels very private but peeking int...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
cessnock
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were made very welcome and had a great stay.Breakfasts were delicious. Ken and Mary were excellent hosts The accomadation was great, we were even given an extra heater.We have no hesitation to recommend choosing Ken-Mar house when visiting the Ballymoney region.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brigitte k
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Kenny and Mary are the perfect hosts for a B and B. We found this place online for a one night stay to be near our visit to the Giant's Causeway.....about 10 miles away. The bedroom was spotlessly clean, really excellent.....with everything you need....an extremely comfy bed, super hospitality tray (with fresh milk!) heating on too, and super sized tv on the wall. The ensuite shower room had everything you need, bigger sized towels, toiletries, tissues etc and was spotless. The breakfast was 100% perfect...Good choice of cereals, fresh fruit and yoghurts plus a superb Ulster fry and fabulous local made bread. We were planning a one night stay but have already decided to return for more nights next year to check out the beautiful local coastline and to stay in one of the best B and B's we have ever stayed in.....and we have stayed in many in Northern and Southern Ireland.

Room Tip: Family room was spacious
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymoney
Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel
#1 of 5 in Coleraine
Pinetrees Bed & Breakfast
Pinetrees Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 16 in Ballymoney

Been to Ken-Mar House? Share your experiences!