“A home away from home”

Pinetrees Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 16 Ballymoney B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were planning a return trip to Northern Ireland and were looking for a base to visit the Causeway Glenarrif etc.

Look no further than Pinetress B&B. It was absolutely ideal. We had a beautiful stay there that was made by our most amenable and informative hostess, Elaine and her able assistant Phylis.

The room was beautifully appointed and spotless, I mean spotless !! Equipped with I pod dock and alarm clock with I pod dock too also HD TV and Wi Fi. These are kind of expected in hotels but not necesaarily in a B&B, I was well impressed.

The breakfast menu was extensive and beautifully cooked all three mornings. You had a choice of the Full Irish , Continental & a Cheese and Ham Plate that would have put most hotels to shame. I should know I was a Hotel Manager for along number of years, before I got sense.

Elaine was a font of knowledge and recommended some great restaurants for us. Our stay was very memorable and reasonable. The big plus for us was that we could bring our dog Spike who would normally be left in the care of thoughful and patient neighbours.

Thanks again to all at Pinetrees for a fab stay, hope to get back there again.

Joe, Tracey & Spike

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Was made welcome right from the moment I stepped through the door. Beautiful place to stay. Excellent service, breakfast great- no bother with whatever you want! Quiet, comfy and warm. Will definately stay again, highly, highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank ruthstafford
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have just returned from a whistle stop 3 day tour of Ireland where we spent one of our nights at Pinetrees.
I cannot recommend it highly enough. Elaine is so so welcoming, not just to myself and my partner but our choc lab too who even had a selection of treatsto choose from!
The room was spotlessly clean and the sheets were so cosy and soft. We both slept like logs! The whole house feels warm nad welcoming and I loved the idea of having our own guest lounge where we could relax and unwind in between the travels. Breakfast was delicious and they really couldn't do enough for you. Great advice given on local pubs and eateries too.
We both would have stayed on for another day easy! One of the best B & B's we have ever stayed in. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

After 4 nights of searching in Athone, Sligo, Donegal Town, and Letterkenny for a B&B which is local to both restaurants, pubs, has wi-fi, and takes a charge card, we had given up. After viewing Giant's Causeway, it was late in the day and we were without a room. The tourist office at Giant's Causeway pulled up Pinetrees in Ballymoney. Yes, they had 2 rooms and the price was right! We headed there and were greeted with a warm smile and open arms on a brutally cold and windy night.

Our hostess made reservations for dinner, advised us of the pubs in town, and even checked bus schedules for Belfast airport. Now, I realize most, if not all B&Bs, will handle these requests, but it is the enthusiasm in which our hostess provided these requests that made our stay most special! We all felt that we were her cousins from the States, here for a first time visit!

Our previous nights' experience, especially with wifi availability fell from way short of expectations to about expectations. Two B&Bs stated they had wifi and took credit cards, however, We couldn't get wifi to work and had to pay cash. To our surprise when we arrived at Pinetrees, without previously asking, the wifi worked brilliantly and we could charge our rooms.

Our breakfast food was prepared as we sat at the table. Food was extremely hot and delicious! Not commonly offered in other B&Bs, we found pancakes on the menu. If you are looking for a great B&B, don't overlook Pinetrees. It has direct train service to Belfast and its a short drive to Giant's Causeway and the town of Bushmills.

P.S. I'm so enthusiastic about this B&B that I write this review prior to my morning checkout!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
elainedawn26, Owner at Pinetrees Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Pinetrees, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Hope the rest of your time in Ireland is enjoyable.

Elaine

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were on a 24-hr visit to the Causeway Coast, to take photos of Dunluce Castle, the Giant's Causeway and The Dark Hedges of Armoy. The location of the B&B was perfect for all three. The rooms were spacious, bright, and very comfortable. The owner went out of her way to make us welcome and even had a delicious hot breakfast (from an extensive breakfast menu) cooked for us at 6.30am before we departed at 7am to catch the sunrise at the Dark Hedges.

Room Tip: If you want an ensuite bathroom, choose one of the doubles or the king bedroom. The single room does...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review Pinetrees. Hope you got some good photographic opportunties during your day on the North Coast..

Elaine

Reviewed November 14, 2012

COuldn't have been more perfect. The room was beautiful, spotless and cosy. The house was beautiful. The owner was lovely. The breakfast was to die for. And all for £30?! Amazing. Highly highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed in Pinetrees during a light time of year, when there were few other guests. The owner upgraded my room from a separate bath to an attached bath at no extra cost because of how many days I was staying. She provided extra breakfast food without my asking because she wanted to. When I asked about local laundromats, she insisted on cleaning my clothes for me at no charge. She was also eager to provide me with information about the area such as a bus route to the Giant's Causeway (it was a more complicated route than usual because I came in late October, when several lines were shut down). At the end of all this, she refused to receive even a small tip. This shows that the owner will go out of her way to provide the best hospitality she can under a given set of circumstances. I made a TripAdvisor account just to review this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo