“Beautiful home, wonderful hospitality, lovely people.”

Pinetrees Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 16 Ballymoney B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful home, wonderful hospitality, lovely people.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Arrived home after our 4 day stay at Pinetrees lodge, to find the first bad review of this beautiful house. I have to ask, did David H actually stay here? Elaine, was the best host anyone could ask for, as was Phyllis, nothing was too much trouble, the house was pristine, We would never have known there was a dog, and we actually had to coax him to come out of Elaine's own private front room, we never saw one hair!! Both Elaine and Phyllis offered us advice of where to go to eat, drink and places to see. The breakfast was the best I have ever had, and I'm sure I must have put on a stone in weight. Our overall trip was so good with friendly locals and a warm and friendly guest house, that I can honestly say I will be returning. Anyone reading these reviews should take note how badly the ONE bad review is written. If you are thinking of going to Ballymoney Pinetrees is the place to stay. Avril, Carl, Suzanne and Emrah. Thank you ladies.

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Avril Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
wolverhampton
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Did a so called David ...re review actually stay in the same establishment ... I implore you all to ignore his silly comments regarding this first class establishment . Look at the spelling this is just a pathetic swipe at a wonderful well run bed and breakfast ...keep up the good work ladies

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank carl w
Staines, UK
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I just picked up this B&B hotel for 1 day stay near Giant Causeway, and due to the price, I didn't expect too much.

I was actually shocked when I was shown around by the host. The room was clean and tidy, the equipment was of high quality while the most astonishing part of the whole experience is the bathroom. It is a huge bathroom came with a massage tub, massage shower set and all brand new sanitary ware.

I also found the Elaine (the Hostess) was very kind and helpful. She provided me many useful local advises.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

When Elaine was not Consuminng Wine Eating alone wile on her Lap-Top she spent time Collecting lose Hairs from Figaro " Dog " in the sitting room and pileing them on the Coffee Table Flour and Fireplace to be moved at a later date, However the next morning wile enjoying Elaines Large Breakfast 3 Hairs re-apeared 2 on my Plate under my Bacon and Eggs and 1 in my wifes cerial bowl we could not tell weather or not they wear Animal or Human but as the dog has the run of the entire House Supposedly except for the dinneing room I could take a wild guess ? Deffernetly a offputting expereance to have at any Hotel or B&B Needless to say we have never returned to Pinetrees we do not no if Elaines plans about what she was going to do to Pinetrees ever happoned or weather it was just all talk Pipedreams or Hotair having spent time with mine-host the more wine consumed the more the True Host comes to the surface !

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank David H
elainedawn26, Owner at Pinetrees Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review 12 months after your stay(which I cannot find recorded) Your negative comments are the only one after 4 years in business, very personal, you are commenting on NON GUEST AREAS, what were you doing in my private lounge and yes Figaro my dog who is NOW deceased did relaxed in my private area NOT in the guest areas. If I wish to have a glass of wine while working on my lap top doing reservations in MY Lounge well that is my business and I am entitled to a life too. I cannot find a reservation for you from August 2011 to March 2012, you stated you stayed December 2011. ALL VERY SUSPECT. But I thank you for your time and if this is a genuine review well I am very sorry for such a terrible experience.
Galway
Reviewed October 28, 2012

A really big thank you to Elaine the proprietor of Pinetrees Bed and Breakfast. We arrived after a long 6 hour journey from the West of Ireland, we were greeted with such welcome and warmth. Our room was so lovely, bright, spacious, clean and so cosy! The breakfast was delightful, cooked exactly to our preferences, huge variety and choice. The place was just beautiful. We had an enjoyable day at the Causeway which was only 20 min drive. Elaine made reservations for us to eat out, nothing was too much, she was a truly lovely and accomodating hostess! Thank you so much again Elaine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

what a great place to stay elaine our host was so friendly and helpful advising us on places to visit nothing was too much trouble to her, rooms were bright and cheerful and comfortable, food was fab a great range to choose from for breakfast, walking distance to main street and ameneties set in lovely grounds what more can i say 10/10 fantastic place to stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was the first time in Ballymoney and Piinetrees B & B, and will not be the last. Elaine, our hostess was the most friendly helpful person you could ever wish to meet, as was Phylis. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The choice of breakfast was first class, having a wide range of whatever you could possibly require. Ballymoney is a good base for touring, especially for us Bikers, everyone is so friendly. For anyone thinking of staying in Ballymoney, Pinetrees is the place to be, and is only 5 minutes away from the town.

Room Tip: All rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WENDY S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymoney
Brown Trout Golf & Country Inn
#2 of 6 in Ballymena
The Hedges Hotel
The Hedges Hotel
#3 of 16 in Ballymoney

Been to Pinetrees Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!