“Batteries recharged,we fairly flew back to...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Kilgetty, Pembrokeshire, Wales

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Any
margareta...
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Batteries recharged,we fairly flew back to London...!”
Reviewed July 21, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

From our initial doggy welcome to Gini's farewell wave, the two of us enjoyed five pleasurable days at this farmhouse in Lawrenny. In spite of the less than summery weather, we were regaled with exciting places to visit by our host, making the most of her extensive local knowledge. Our breakfasts were enjoyable experiences, all the more so as the food was organically tasteful. Our bed was comfy to die for, the shower warm and inviting, the quiet and total darkness at night a paradise for townies like us. Oh, and if you like a good yarn, there are books everywhere...! We spend time at chain hotels and enjoy those experiences also, but for sheer bucolic 'awayness', this was something else. Ambridge it wasn't, thankfully. You will love this place, believe us!

Value Cleanliness
Traveling group: Couples
ColandAng
Derby, United Kingdom
“We love it !”
Reviewed July 8, 2011 for a stay in September 2010
people found this review helpful

I and my wife have had several visits to the Knowles Farmhouse and we will continue to stay there. Breakfast is excellent ( i never lose weight staying there), service personal and the rooms are clean with an eclectic style that sums up the experience in this homely and very traditional farmhouse. Sure there are the odd spider lurking about but this is a farm! and the plumbing isnt 21st century but these are the charms so lacking in he world - i know i spend most of my working live in hotels all over the world and i know where i would prefer to wake up. I have read one or two reviews which see things from a different light and i guess some would be best off in a travel lodge but for those who seek individuality, truly lovely hosts and a lovely secluded stay then look no further. My only regret is telling others will impact my ability to get a room!

Value Cleanliness
Traveling group: Family
YoungPens...
Chester, United Kingdom
“Pluses and Minuses”
Reviewed June 9, 2011 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Knowles Farm for two days on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis as part of a touring holiday in S. Wales. First, we must say that the owner made us very welcome and our meals were tasty and enjoyable, although the portions were somewhat 'measured'.

Our disappointment relates particularly to the quality of the bed linen and towels: the latter were very thin, white/grey and clearly had seen long service and better days. The ensuite shower room was very small and the shower curtain considerably marked with mould.

The description 'well maintained' in a popular, prestigious B&B listing does not in our view accurately reflect the bedroom in which we stayed.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 1, 2011
Thank you Young Pensioners for your various comments. The good and the bad.
We discovered the shower curtain after you left but do wish you had mentioned it at the time so we could have addressed the problem immediately. As to the towels, a blitz has been carried out so that only the best remain and more are to be purchased - similarly we would have happily changed them had you mentioned them. My apologies to you.
We enjoyed meeting you both and hope you enjoyed this lovely part of the world.
Incidentally, I have only just seen your review so apologies for not replying sooner.
gillyb_10
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“disappointing. No real effort made”
Reviewed August 21, 2010 for a stay in August 2010
person found this review helpful

Breakfast was full cooked English - no complaints. But overall Knowles deserves a 2 star rating. The bathroom was not clean and we felt unable to use it. No toiletries provided - not even handwash. The towels were very old and like sandpaper. No welcome cup of tea on arrival. Only three tea bags for our use and these were very ancient, old congealed jar of coffee, no sugar or teaspoons. No outside area for guests to sit and relax although there was a private area for the family.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Feb 4, 2011
First I should apologize for not responding to this review earlier but I have only just become aware of it and of the Trip Advisor tools.

I am mortified to read what our guests said and just wish they had flagged their concerns up at the time. I can only think I did not check their room after it had been prepared by my help which I normally do but that is no excuse of course. With reference to the garden use - the front lawn is for everyone to enjoy, guests and family alike, I will ensure we make that clear in future, thank you for mentioning it.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing