“decent room”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Malcontenta
Seattle, Washington
“decent room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. We were checked in by a friendly and very helpful blonde lady early evening.Our room was clean and ok. They offer a free shuttle for the 20minute ride into Venice. You are on your own to get back to the hotel but it's really easy and the bus drops you off right in front of the hotel. Breakfast is included. The man who works days at the desk is incredibly rude and not helpful. He really brings down the hotel.I met a family staying at the hotel who said the same thing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathy n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel is far from the city center but since we had a car, the location was not an issue. The parking is free but I honestly would not park in the underground garage - it just looks shady and we almost damaged the bottom of the car driving in and out of it because of how poorly designed the entrance is. The WiFi is at an extra charge and the reception is extremely poor in the hotel room - you have to go into the main area. The gentleman who was at the front desk when we were there was not friendly - he really seemed like he did not want to be there and was not easily approachable.

The room was okay for a night or two but I found it depressing. It was kind of dark and the beds were uncomfortable. There was a shower but no bathtub. I wouldn't have wanted to stay there for much longer than that. There is a free shuttle to Venice but the last trip is at around 11am/11:30am. We took a city bus back to the hotel. We didn't mind this but I felt that the website was deceiving with respect to the free shuttle service. We had the breakfast and it was pretty basic, nothing to get excited about.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wollongong, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had originally booked this hotel due to the low price and the fact that it advertises free shuttle into Venice. After reading lots of bad reviews about the unreliability of the shuttle and the poor service in general, I decided to cancel and pay more for accommodation in Venice itself. This was worth it. Having cancelled well within the free cancellation period - 2 months in advance - my visa card was still charged for 3 nights and so far all I have had is an ongoing argument about refunding the money which they refuse to do. When I cancelled, they couldn't find the booking, and even though I was clear about cancelling, they apparently couldn't be bothered to look further for the booking and it was therefore deemed to be a "no show". Now they tell me that I should have waited for a "cancellation confirmation" which is not mentioned anywhere in the cancellation policy on the hotel website. You are supposed to just magically know this. As if it is not clear enough to tell them that you are cancelling. I am getting Visa to dispute the transaction because the hotel is obviously not going to be reasonable about it. It is a fair way outside of the main island of Venice and there is too much to see and do in Venice to spend time on a bus. Hotel Palladio is a false economy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kasa1000

Travelers are raving about these Malcontenta hotels

Morristown, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

There was so much that I thought was included with this hotel that either wasn't or I had to go on a scavenger hunt to track down. For one, the hotel is actually pretty far from the city center. Yes, there is "24 hour" check-in, but if you miss the last bus from the train station, you have to take an expensive cab anyway. There is the free shuttle service, but the oblivious lady behind the desk waited for the third time after I went in and out of the lobby from waiting in the parking lot to tell me after I asked when the next shuttle would be arriving that I had to put my name down for the service. Wifi is included ONLY IF you book through the hotel's website - WHICH only after the 2nd night I had to argue with the staff that I actually had the free Wifi and should not have to pay, when they actually looked at their records and stopped charging me. It was all quite ridiculous and the staff was lazy and gave poor answers to almost everything. But my room was fine - for the price, and after dealing with all the other headaches, it was a comfortable place to lay my head. Breakfast was fine. And yea, what's up with the creeps at night?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel rooms are very good and large, great breakfast, nice helpful staff and a free car parking but the a/c was very weak and it is 12 km far from venice so you must take the bus - which is the stop directly in the front of the hotel- for about 20 minutes unless you have a car. It is very cheap corresponding to the similar hotels in venice so i'll go there again God willing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our Trafalgar tour group stayed at the Palladio on Sept. 19 and 20th. Upon arrival we had to walk through the courtyard area where several men were sitting. We had several solo females traveling on this tour. We immediately felt ill at ease. Only one person was at the desk, so it took a long time to check in. We did ask this person if these gentlemen were guest of the hotel. She quickly assured us they were with passports. That didn’t ease our discomfort especially since they left the courtyard and came into the very small dark lobby and followed several guest up the steps to their rooms. Several of the solo female guest were put in rooms on the lobby floor. Two of the guest did request to move to another room for this reason and the very large mold stains on the ceiling. They were moved to the 3rd floor. They were informed the elevator only went to the 2nd floor. The person at the desk told us we would have to leave our hotel “key” at the lobby when we went out in the morning. We refused to do this, as the keys were placed in cubby holes and the desk wasn’t always occupied. The key consisted of a key, a heavy fob and a key card for the lights.
All the hallways were very dark since the lights were on a timer with light switches along the hall. My room was on the first floor in the corner. In order to turn on the lights I had to place my foot in the doorway to hold it open in order to insert the door “key” in the wall to turn on the lights. This was a safety concern for me. The room was small, threadbare and stuffy (even with the air condition on). I killed several mosquitos in the room and bathroom. The room was relatively clean. The tv didn’t work. I opened the closet where the safe was located, but it smelled so bad I quickly closed the door. The shower was very small, but usable with plenty of hot water. Breakfast was located in a building across from the courtyard, it was typical breakfast fare. This hotel is well off the main track surrounded by apartment buildings and no amenities.
This hotel was a last minute change by Trafalgar. I wouldn’t recommend it and I will be discussing this with Trafalgar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel while on a Trafalgar tour. It is located in an industrial area so if you open your window you smell the fumes. You need to take a taxi into Venice because it is far from the sights. The hotel was clean but the fridge did not work in the room, luckily for us we had a second room for the kids and the fridge worked in that room. On the last day I went to sit the chair and legs gave way(I am small framed). The bathroom was clean but the shower is very small, my husband kept banging into to shower doors.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malcontenta
Hotel Centrale
Palladio Hotel & Spa
#91 of 386 in Venice
Hotel Villa Costanza
#2 of 58 in Mestre

Been to Palladio Hotel? Share your experiences!