This was a birthday break for my husband The location was chosen as his brother and wife were joining us and the hotel was about halfway between us and them. We also chose the hotel as it had a swimming pool and spa facilities.
We were greeted warmly by staff who had been extremely busy with a wedding fayre the same day, but who were still smiling. Directions to our room seemed strange but we managed to find it following notices on the wall. The layout is not easy and could be confusing. We did not find a lift to our room on the middle floor but had to carry suitcases up one flight of stairs.
The room was a reasonable size with all facilities you need for a short stay. We were overlooking the golf course. Internet access was good but mobile phone reception limited.
We had an evening bar type meal in the Claret Jug. The choice was a bit limited with no items for vegetarians on offer. Luckily I will eat fish so had a decent meal of fish and chips. Perhaps if I had asked there would have been a non meat meal offered. Breakfast was good and plentiful and served in the main dining area
The swimming pool was a decent size and we used it at least twice a day. Perhaps the temperature was a little warm for swimming. There are also 2 jacuzzis, one inside, one out. We particularly enjoyed the outside one but it was only in use one of the afternoons. There is a steam room and a sauna as well as 2 further rooms outside, a stone bath which was intriguing, and a fairly cool sauna with pine branches on the floor. We made good use of all of these even though it was a bit of a hike up and down stairs to get to the Leisure facilities!
A very pleasant and enjoyable few days. We would consider returning, the location being convenient to us and the experience good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refreshed, Refined, Ready and Waiting.There's nowhere quite like it in Cheshire. The NEW Mottram takes its rightful place as Cheshire's finest golf and leisure resort. Play Championship standard golf all year round and relax in the brand new Claret Jug Clubhouse. Chill-out or work-out in the new state-of-the-art Mottram Hall Club & Spa. Dine on amazing local delicacies and reinventions of fine dining classics courtesy of new Executive Chef Ross Bootland. Finally retire blissfully to the beautifully appointed new style rooms and experience a new level of upgrades with a Chambre Unique bedroom. NEW is very much the order of the day. When it comes to dining, golf or relaxation, you should try something new too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mottram Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Mottram Hall Hotel Mottram St. Andrew
- De Vere Collection
- Mottram Hall Mottram St. Andrew, Cheshire