“Most Delighful, will visit again!”
Review of Mottram Hall

Mottram Hall
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Most delightful hotel with lovely helpful and cheerful staff and excellent food. Visited for 2 nights with my daughter for a wedding party. Best Salad Niçoise I have had for years, great bar staff who went the extra mile. Wedding setting and food was lovely. A problem with shower was solved well. In fact most comfortable bed I have slept in for years. Minor improvement to suggest: more signposts in corridors to direct back to reception. Excellent breakfast with with posh and tasty Cheshire sausages. I could not find the kettle and tea set in room, it was hidden in wardrobe but my daughter said hotels "expects us to be curious" and seek items out :-), so could drink many cups of my favourite Earl Gray tea in the morning . Very fast and free wifi!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the fields. No elevator and lots of steps so choose close to reception on g...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LyndsayWilliams13
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear LyndsayWilliams13,

Thank you for your recent kind feedback you posted on Tripadvisor. It is wonderful to hear that you had a delightful stay at Mottram Hall. Thank you for your comments in regard to the bar staff, I am so pleased they made your visit special.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mottram Hall in the near future.

James Stewart

Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Visited recently with my boyfriend and we had a truly wonderful time. Staff were friendly and professional and both the dinner and breakfast we had were very good (again, with thoughtful, attentive and friendly staff). Spa facilities were very good. We both had massages and used the fitness facilities/pool. The outdoor hot tub was really lovely, even on a December night, and we especially enjoyed the Brechtlebath and Stonebath rooms, also outdoors. Our room was clean and the fixtures and furnishings were of a good standard and condition. Only minor issues we spotted were that it would've been nice if the window opened or if there was a working extractor fan in the bathroom as the room got a bit stuffy with shower steam. There was also a couple of bulbs that needed changing in the bathroom.

We truly enjoyed our stay and both left feeling well looked after. We especially liked the fact that every single member of staff maintained the same service standard throughout. They were all very well trained and clearly well supported by management.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JackieO5,

Thank you for taking time to post comments in regard to your recent stay at Mottram Hall. I am pleased that you enjoyed the leisure facilities; our Alfresco Therma Space is certainly an asset to Mottram Hall. It is so lovely to hear that all staff were courteous to all throughout your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here recently whilst on a business trip. On the plus side, the staff were very polite, helpful and professional. The rooms are lovely and the food was pretty decent. However, I had an awful night's sleep due to some form of party in a room below or to the side of mine. The walls are evidently paper thin. I phoned the reception to complain about the noise which I believe was a Christmas night out. The receptionist did send someone along the corridor but the noise continued throughout the night. I mentioned to my colleague the next morning who was in a room along the other end of the corridor and she heard the same noise! I made mention when I checked out the next morning but haven't heard back from the hotel since. So what could have been a great stay turned into a fitful night's sleep due to some late night partying. My advice to the mgt are to locate parties somewhere else and do somethign about them!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Pocketmuncha,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations but am pleased that the team here at Mottram Hall were courteous to you. We would like to discuss the sleep disturbance with you and would ask that you contact Isara Fraser, Front Office Manager via email on isara.fraser@devere-hotels.com and she will be able to assist you.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I went with 5 other ladies for an overnight spa day and what a fantastic time we all had. From the moment we entered the hotel the staff were so attentive and helpful from reception to the bar staff, the pool and spa attendants and at night the restaurant staff (Danny)again couldn't do enough for us. We had our spa treatments on the following morning and again all the staff made us feel so welcome and important. I had Louisa who was friendly but professional and ensured I relaxed and made the most of my treatment.

We will return! thanks for making my friend's special birthday treat so wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Elaine S,

Thank you for your feedback in regard to your recent stay at Mottram Hall. I am so pleased to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay and that the staff were on hand to ensure your Mottram experience was special.

We look forward to seeing you return in the near future.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Spent the day at the new and beautiful spa at Mottram Hall. The Therapists at the spa are attentive, knowledgable and friendly. I opted for the deep tissue massage and it was brilliant. We enjoyed a coffee and lunch at the cocktail bar within the hotel and it was lovely. Recommend that you do not choose the spa lunch at £15 because the cocktail bar offer a much better choice and it's better value for money. This would be my only criticism. Great spa and great treatments.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jonledner
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Jonledner,

Thank you for your recent post on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you had a relaxing day at the spa. It is always so lovely to hear positive comments about the therapists and that your treatments were thoroughly enjoyed.

We hope that you choose to return to Mottram Hall again in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed here for my sons wedding
The venue is impressive and the staff very helpfull ,we had a CHAMBRE UNIQUE ,(room 339) which was nice but a bit on the small side .
The wedding venue and the reception were excellent ,my son and his wife were treated to a very special day and it all seemed to go to plan.
The wedding breakfast was cooked well and nicely presented .
The buffet breakfast was comprehensive and would cater for all tastes.
We had a lovely time here and appreciate that the wedding went so well.
Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
MottramHall, Managing Director at Mottram Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Clive441,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Mottram Hall on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that your son and daughter in law’s wedding was such a special day. It is always so lovely to hear that our staff ensured that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to Mottram Hall in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I was resident in "The Lawrence Suite" and it was extremely comfortable. I enjoyed the restaurant and the evening meal was beautifully presented and delicious.
I had no problems, however, I was dining with a large group (annual budget meeting), and there were a number of grumbles about the lack of speedy service in relation to accompaniments for the meal (with a few colleaugues finishing before their "side orders" arrived).
We enjoyed a few drinks in a lovely setting and a thoroughly enjoyable breakfast set me up for the day! Real shame I don't play golf - since it looked ideal for a wee hit!
Thanks to all!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear AUFC19TEN,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you stated the setting here is really quite special so thank you for commenting on this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mottram Hall in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mottram St. Andrew
#2 of 5 in Wilmslow
Hollin Hall Hotel
Hollin Hall Hotel
#5 of 8 in Macclesfield

Been to Mottram Hall? Share your experiences!